Cart #marley_the_prompt_generator-0 | 2023-07-21 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Marley the prompt generator

Marley has great idea's for games. If you want one, press X.
After having to think very hard, marley is too tired to do it again.

P#132205 2023-07-21 19:02

Awesome smoke 💨

P#132210 2023-07-21 20:04

Interesting ideas! Also, Marley has a nice design.

P#132239 2023-07-22 07:41

The FX on display here make a wonderful extra touch on top of the generator itself, and I like how the entire cartridge needing to be reset for another prompt grants them an extra sense of weight and permanence, in a "no second chances" kind of way.

Also, a little spooky how "A MINIGAME ABOUT THE ANIMALS IN THE FOREST WITH A BAD ENDING" perfectly describes the last cartridge I just made.

P#132387 2023-07-25 20:59

@GooGroker I think I actually played the game you are talking about AFTER I did the prompt generator itself.
I spent a good couple of weeks coming up with a good design to present the prompts and finishing up all the animations.
Initially I wanted to go for a sci-fi computer screen or something, but I am glad I came up with Marley instead. Most people (if not everyone) are not going to make the games Marley comes up with (accept you by accident), so I wanted the cart to work as a joke on its own.
if I had gone for my initial idea of just a fancy screen, the prompts wouldn't feel anywhere near as significant and the joke part of it wouldn't have worked. I spent a lot of time making sure the visuals actually back up the "you only get one shot" concept.

Thanks for giving Marley his one chance to shine.

It might be funny if I created a thread where people can post Marley games, but I don't think it will gain much following, especially if I don't post one first as an ice breaker.

PS
That bad ending of yours completely caught me off guard by the way.

P#132414 2023-07-26 18:50

[Please log in to post a comment]