Cart #sinkhole-1 | 2023-06-29 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

This is SINKHOLE! You are a farm girl who falls into a sinkhole. You must use your only tool, a pitchfork, and your wits to escape the catacombs and the giant, mutated bugs that lurk within.

This is my first game so I'd love some feedback! Check the code comments for references.

P#131467 2023-06-29 12:51

You did a job. Your game feels complete and satisfying. The visuals are also both clear and interesting. The bugs especially have a interesting designs.

The parts I think could use improvement are more with the moment to moment gameplay. The jumping is a good height, but the climbing mechanic doesn't feel like it matches. You've got the climbing as basically a wall jump that goes straight up, so I would expect to have a similar feel to the jumping.

The pitchfork attack is about what I expect from a beginner. Melee combat is a lot harder than it might seem. I was able to kill most of the bugs without taking damage, but it wasn't fun to do. If you take another shot at melee combat, I would recommend either giving the player a bigger attack range or having the enemy react to taking damage.

P#131469 2023-06-29 15:14

Bug battle leaves much to be desired. There should be a way for player to hurt bug without taking any damage at all.

P#131488 2023-06-30 09:30

[Please log in to post a comment]