first game published on here

small puzzle game with 26 levels that get exponentially more difficult with something secret waiting at the end

took about 2 months (really only shouldve taken 1 month but i neglected it for way too long) but im pretty proud of it

Cart #explorer_matt-0 | 2023-06-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#131434 2023-06-28 17:50

This is amazing and with a little polish could be even better if you feel it’s worth it.

The ideas have probably has been done before but they were combined and utilized in a really interesting way.
I think the slippery movement didn’t really suit the puzzle gameplay and was frustrating sometimes (also the going back to the previous puzzle and having to redo it was an annoyance once or twice).
Even though I think it is communicated in some way, in later puzzles it took me a while to understand what rules the spikes obeyed for being active, though finding how they worked was fun in some of the rooms.

The boss at the end was very out of style with the game and is very frustrating to make progress with, I didn’t end up beating it, I got it to half health once. Maybe it could have had something a bit more puzzles like avoiding the projectiles while pushing lasers and directional blocks to shoot it.

Anyway, I loved this and with music, a little movement tweak, fixing the laser flickering, and an ending change, lcould be even more amazing.

P#131476 2023-06-29 22:23

Very impressive game. Loved the puzzles, really interesting ideas. I found the movement a little tricky sometimes, I wonder if snapping to the grid when trying to do a action could be better? Still love it though. Got close to the end when I had to turn it off, but will gladly play though it again to get to the end.

P#131479 2023-06-29 23:48

ok there is a level near the end where there are a ton of lasers on the right hand side the entrance is from the south and the exit is south-west. If anyone is able to show the solution to this I would be really really greatful!

P#131592 2023-07-03 16:04

[Please log in to post a comment]