Developing this game would have not been possible without the aid and support of the "Lazy Devs Academy" Community. Helping me with anything I asked, and encouraging me to move forward, notably, "Aktane", "otto_piramuthu", "LouieChapm" and "SquidLight". Through their own strengths they have helped me reach to where now this game exist. My gratitude goes to them. A very special thanks to "Krystman" for fostering such an invigorating community of creators, teachers and learners.
And as always, my unending thanks to epicheezeness, for all your support, attention and direct contributions.
Defender X v1.1 - The 60FPS update
- Adapted the game to work in 60 FPS
- Added a AoE damage effect surrounding the "Powerup - Laser" when being used
- Now, bosses are affected by the "ceasefire effect" bombs have (no projectiles are shot)
- Now, you can use bomb while on ceasefire
- Added a "No-miss" bonus score
- Changed: "Palette 7" now unlocks when you "Reach the boss without having lost any lives"
- Added a new caravan wave
Quality of Life:
- Increased IFrames (invulnerability frames) after death (from 60 to 135 frames)
- Added IFrames on bomb use (120 frames)
- Increased frecuency boss on-hit flash
- Display extra bomb. ("+" if the player has more than 2 bombs)
- The Explosion FX (when an enemy is hit) now inherits the momentum of the enemy which causes it
- Fixed a typo in the word "palette"
- Fixed a typo in the victory message
- Fixed a bug that made the game lock after staying on the death screen for too long
- Fixed enemies no flashing when hit
Thanks to Aktane, FReDs72, Squidlight, Heracleum and AgentAPM for the pointers for things to fix and improve.
I wish the color pallet wouldn't keep changing, it is hard to read
Im so sorry! I was testing some stuff and I forgot to fix it. I have now uploaded a fixed version.
Defender X has been now updated to the version 1.1, now featuring 60FPS and a whole range of changes to enhance the game
For people struggling with the regular pew-pew-pew weapon,
For a while I was wondering if the final boss even had finite hit points. But I finally defeated it, although it had reduced me to zero lives left by the time I did. I know this is supposed to be a short and hard game, but I wouldn't complain if both bosses had their HP reduced to about 75% of their current values. Even after I learnt their patterns they took a long time. Still, gold star overall for tight design and variety in how the enemies are combined to create new challenges.
My first complete run: 7,290 points. (The boss itself is worth 2,500 of those.)
My second complete run: 7,509 points.
Well done on finding 8 different 2-color palettes that mostly make sense. I'm a little surprised that neither palette 7 nor 8 is a "hard mode" with something like minimum-contrast cream on white or dark brown on black...
The game runs super fluidly- I didn't realize till after my first run that 'wow, this is 1-bit and 64x64'
[Please log in to post a comment]