Cart #hack_match-0 | 2022-08-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

An HACK*MATCH demake

HACK*MATCH is a series of puzzle games by Zachtronics in the vein of the Magical Drop series of arcade games.
Its first appearance was as a mini-game in EXAPUNKS, then it came back as a standalone game on the NES and its last appearance was in Last Call BBS as a emulated arcade game.

The arcade version from Last Call BBS was quite addictive and I wanted to make a demake to play it on-the-go.

How to play :

🅾️ to grab or throw a block.
❎ to swap the last two blocks of a column.

Match 4 or more blocks of the same color to destroy them, the more you match, the more you score !
Match 2 or more bombs to destroy all the blocks of their color, but blocks destroyed this way won't score you anything.

Scoring

A combo will always score at least 400pts (4 blocks) then, each block beyond this will scores 50pts more than the previous one, so this will really add-up quickly, but look-out, the bigger your score, the faster the game become.

Boss-rush

Ready for some challenge ? The boss-rush mode is for you, fight 4 bosses with their own attack pattern.
Every blocks matched past the first four will damage the boss. Matched blocks will also unlock the blocks locked by the boss' attack.

Differences

I tweaked the game to my liking, so it’s much faster (movements are instantaneous), and a little shorter (for on-the-go gameplay).
Sadly, I have no clue about music theory or anything regarding sound making, so this version is quite lacking in that regard.

More

Enjoyed the game ? Check out the (much better) Last Call BBS’s version featuring much better graphics and a awesome soundtrack.

P#116416 2022-08-28 20:53

Probably this is the first match 4 game in which I am not happy with presence of color bomb.
But nonetheless, it is fun match 4 game after you get used to it.

P#116714 2022-09-01 07:33

quite hard, needs some getting used to the controls, but a nice game! Good job

P#116726 2022-09-01 11:08

You have Nina lock the BOMBS, too? That's SO not right.

P#137244 2023-11-10 20:44

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 16:37:41 | 0.010s | Q:18