This issue reproduces for me on multiple browsers (including chrome), and for luchak (on chrome 98).
Warning: this bug deletes all BBS saves - not just the ones of the carts used to reproduce it.
Steps to reproduce:
- Load some cart with a save in it, verify that the save works. I used https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=94408#p (you can save/restore via menu)
- Open new tab with some other cart. I used https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?pid=108109#p
- In this new tab, press play and immediately switch to the old tab
- Refresh the old tab and check if your saves are still there. They will not be.
- If you want to see your saves again, switch to the new tab and let it load. If you don't care, delete the new tab - your saves are now gone forever.
It looks like when a game is first loading, it deletes the local storage (well, indexed db). Then, a bit later, it restores it.
[Please log in to post a comment]