Cart #pinput_gamepad_tester-0 | 2021-12-08 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Pinput gamepad tester cartridge. This won't do anything useful without Pinput, either if you download and run it locally, or if you install the Firefox or Chrome extensions for Pinput to play it here on the BBS website.

P#102019 2021-12-08 03:39 ( Edited 2021-12-18 08:28)

Bruh, this is sick! I will have to try it later this week but if it does what's advertised, we can get full console-controls out of PICO-8, which would make things like fighting games and detailed action games a little bit more feasible! Some crazy coder might put together a Soulslike!

Quick question: does the use of pinit add to the token count beyond the call to pi_init()? I checked the code of your cartridge and it seems to be mostly front-end code for the update and draw routines, so it looks pretty lightweight.

This project is really interesting; I look forward to testing it.

P#102043 2021-12-08 18:04

@zlg it does add some token count: https://github.com/VyrCossont/Pinput/blob/main/PICO-8/pinput.lua is the client library by itself. You can probably see a dozen places that a size-minded coder could reduce token count; omitting the button names and just using numbers would save a few dozen, and I'm guessing most people won't need the battery status features either.

Main BBS thread for Pinput project

P#102176 2021-12-09 09:06

Oh, and I do have working web extensions for both Chrome and Firefox now. Just need to figure out how to get them on the respective add on sites.

P#102177 2021-12-09 09:07

[Please log in to post a comment]