Cart #mus_gh_lpotm-0 | 2020-08-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Hello. I got Pico-8 back several years ago when it was pretty trend and i enjoyed the vast amount of content the community created. I got it back when i was on the first stages of programming in GameMaker: Studio (until however i stopped after not being able to easily think deeper on what to do.) I am also an addictive video game music fan whom actually has been continously listening to them for a bunch of years before GameMaker.
However, since i can't get the hang on the programming side of Pico-8 i messed around on the sound interface. I had tracker music experience back when i used FamiTracker, so it was easy for me to interact with the tracker interface, however, the Pico-8 tracker was something, it was so limited i can't easily make dope instrumentation with it. All i did was just a bunch of incomplete covers that sounded quite lame to me, but it was a likeable experience.

While i still play around with Pico-8's game carts, i once again came back to the music interface and discovered that i could use SFX instruments as i've seen on some game around. Even with the 64 sfx slot limits, i managed to whip up a (reduced) cover of one of my most listened videogame soundtracks. Well, i've only done the first half of the original because of the limits (all the slots are occupied just as expected!). I could do more, i really like using the music interface.

P#80738 2020-08-14 08:02 ( Edited 2020-08-14 08:03)

The Pico tracker experience does feel lacking compared to FastTracker/MilkyTracker environments with 8 channel XM and fine-grained sample editors. You did an outstanding job with this track despite all that, really nice! Would give two stars if I could.

P#80749 2020-08-14 10:44

@wez: Thanks! My previous experiences didn't feel as charming than what i've just did today, could tell that i should make more, but right now my mindset is confusing when i think about schedules. I don't have anything pretty interesting to do after i finished school and it seems very easy for me to feel down and confused when there is nothing to do.
Even when i use PICO-8, it still counts as nothing since i've kept having free time over these past months and it is just a "small toy" because i can't do a lot of programming in it unless it's just music shenanigans.

P#80751 2020-08-14 12:31

Awesome cover - I could listen to this all day!

P#80772 2020-08-14 16:24

I already have done another cover today, but i'd rather not publish it until it has something. For the meantime being i'm enjoying a lot to work around on the tracker.

P#80773 2020-08-14 16:30

Treasure really made some neat music back in the day. This sounds amazing
on PICO-8 and I'm realy impressed with what you could do with the limitations.
It doesn't even sound like it's coming from a PICO-8 cart, so you know you
did it right! :]

I'm requesting "Runner AD2025" from Alien Soldier if you think you can handle
the chaos of that track. One of my favorites :p

P#80789 2020-08-14 21:10

@MrGoober: Duuude, that's too FM intensified to be done! That soundtrack is extra dope for a completely trippy game.

P#80826 2020-08-15 19:53

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 00:46:34 | 0.031s | Q:23