How To Play
- X to Shoot Stuff
- Arrow Keys to move and jump
- Fire at health crates to turn them into ammo
The pollen wars are in full effect and it's up to you to destroy the robots that seek to eradicate all pollen from your planet.
Shoot Stuff is a small arcade game that can be completed in a single sitting. This was my first Pico-8 game and I had a blast making it. Everything about this game was inspired by the Pico community and all the awesome things you guys are making.
- Big shout out to the very talented Chris Donnelly for doing the music. He's the best. Check out his work at www.chrisdonnellymusic.com/
- All the particles were borrowed from Visa's awesome Advanced Particle System Library.
- The art was inspired by a bunch of different games from within the community.
- My good friend John over at gamesbyjohn.com for letting me steal Zombocalypse's gameplay and for all the support.
What, no comments on this one? :)
This is addicting, yet tough; it took me a while before I beat it ("Dodge Stuff!" is more like it, due to constantly running out of ammo). The odd music works too, due to it being about robots.
A bit different!
It took me some time until I decided to read the page and found out about the converting health into ammo trick.
The game has a good concept and is good though rough around the edges. Sometimes collision detection strikes... and also the last bullet is always a wasted shot. As soon as I fire it, the game is over.
good little choices you have to make with the ammo boxes, and engaging game play, though the hurt boxes on the enemy dudes seems a little big, always get tagged when I think I haven't . The auto death on zero ammo is annoying when your last bullet is blew open a weapons crate or killed a guy. That seems unfun, takes away that last little desperate attempt.
Also maybe health crates could do explode if they land on a enemy , so there is another tactical choice there: health, ammo, or crushing dudes.
But good game yo!
[Please log in to post a comment]