Cart #57198 | 2018-09-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hey! Are you like me and terribly inept at making music?! Well fear no more! I've developed a tool so that you can write code that writes music!
It's based off of the nodejs scribbletune library, but instead of generating midi files, it pops the music directly into pico-8's sfx memory. I made this because I'm not too talented when it comes to music, and this helps me test and try out an insane amount of rhythms and effects far quicker than I can with pico-8's sfx editor. It may not give you the full flexibilty that the sfx editor gives you when it comes to getting certain effects that you may see in your typical gruber video, but of course you can go over them once you pump out a nice rhythm and sound.

This is a cart meant to be used as a tool to create music tracks! Load it up locally, save a copy to edit and check out the code. It's got documentation on how to use it, and if you like what you create, simply bring up the menu and hit save. The saved sfx will be directly on the cart for you to copy over into your own projects.

As proof to its usefulness, the music that plays on the cart is created with the code in the cart, and it took me about 3 minutes to throw together with no actual musical skills.

P#57199 2018-09-28 07:33 ( Edited 2018-09-28 11:33)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 16:17:14 | 0.008s | Q:11