Cart #55785 | 2018-08-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Back when my Father was alive, we always dutifully went to church at All Saints every Sunday.

Something I had always been interested about churches is the incredible stained-glass windows they had to let pretty light come in from outside sunlight.

Only when visiting Mexico and entering the churches in that country did I manage to see something that truly caught my eye.

Some of the pieces in those churches were not depicting any scene from biblical history, no, they were just circular cut glass with scattered points of light in them. And scattered very lovely I might add. Almost as if someone had painted a simple night sky that was suddenly illuminated with mirrors and bright beautiful colors.

Getting back home I realized it should be possible to create a similar effect in QBasic, of stained-glass windows. There weren't any people in them, animals, or other items. They were just - scattered light, with just enough darkness to make you appreciate the pinpoints of beauty.

Now clearly this effect looks a whole lot better with tiny colorful dots on a resolution of 640x480, however, 128x128 will have to suffice for now.

Hold (X) to rapidly fill the screen with new points.

As with my earlier entries, likely the source code for this particular "Screen Teaser" could be optimized as well.

Fudge the numbers if you like and see if you can find a pleasing pattern that looks good all around. Share your findings if you want.

P#55786 2018-08-27 17:37 ( Edited 2018-08-27 21:40)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 11:56:53 | 0.008s | Q:10