Slime Bubble Bro is a fast action platformer arcade game.
You are the Slime Bubble Bro and your mission is to save Slimette from the evil clutches of the Skeleton Gang and their minions!
- <x> to jump, <z> to shoot
- Bubble up your enemies until they explode
- Push bubbles around to chain their explosions and get more points
- Bosses can't be bubbled, but you can use their minions to do more damage
- 32 rooms
- 4 boss fights
- Infinite lives, but there's a score penalty every time you die, in fact, your score can actually become negative
- The game can be finished in less than 15 minutes
- Bubbled enemies also serve as shields from incoming enemy bullets, use them strategically
- Reset the cart after finishing the game for a little surprise
Main Influences: Snow Bros & Bubble Bobble
As always: comments, bug reports and suggestions for improvements are greatly appreciated.
This is amazing. I loved playing Snow Bros in the arcade. Tumble Pop too. (I don't think I've ever seen a real Bubble Bobble machine, but I've played it quite a lot too on one platform or another.) Sadly I'm not very good at any of them!
Really fascinating score/lives mechanism. I wonder if my score will wrap around when it gets too negative...
This game is awesome! Lots of fun and fast paced action! I like the character animations too! Music is ultra!! Perfect!
One idea about the controls tough: If pressing UP+shoot, would be cool if slimey could shoot upwards, to get some flying monsters down :)
Thanks for your comments, everyone! Glad to hear people are enjoying the game!
@weeble: The score indeed will probably wrap around, I considered guarding against it but decided not to bother since it would take a lot of deaths to get there
@sulai: I toyed with that idea early on but decided against it in favor of player package simplicity
Thanks again guys! It took me a good while of spare-time work (started around the end of May I think) but I enjoyed making this game a whole lot! I <3 Pico-8!
Bubble Bobble is in my top half-dozen games late 80's - early 90's games,¹ so this looks like home to me. :) I spent so many quarters back in college, at least until I got good.
¹ - Robotron is in first place, with Golden Axe, Bubble Bobble, and Double Dragon trailing just a little behind in a gaggle.
[Please log in to post a comment]