Cart #32398 | 2016-11-11 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I wasn't originaly planning making this cart. For a presentation about PICO-8 (that didn't happen in the end) I wanted to have a cart that was running in background while the audience was entering the room and waiting for the talk to start.

I really like the Hello World cart from ZEP and its music and selected this one, as a nice Hello World is good way to great people.

As I was boring trying to find things to say and what to show on stage, I started to play adding things to the original hello world cart, and playing with it playing with it, it ended in something that could be use for more than just a playfield, so I didn't stop adding thing to it and added what is the most essential to a demo/invitintro: a scroller.

So yes this cart is based on the Hello World cart and music, I hope ZEP will not take my pico-8 licence because of that.. ;)
And the block text effect is also from the invitintro for the second jam, there is a small change, but the base is that,

The moving logo use nearly the same code as the starfield.

I do like the final result, it's a simple but nice looking graphical art ;)

Enjoy!

Edit: Run it on PICO-8 for the best result, on the HTML version it seem to be a bit slower on some effect than on the real thing
(This demo look really nice on a Pi attached to a CRT!!)

P#32399 2016-11-11 13:25 ( Edited 2016-11-11 18:34)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 19:49:21 | 0.009s | Q:11