Pico Descender

Cart #picoruins-0 | 2024-04-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Story

Pico Descender is a pico-rogue adventure into the Pico Ruins, the entrance of which was found underneath the ground behind a small house in a small village.

Rumors have been stirring in the town inn of great treasures found within. The ruins are calling your name!

Controls

D-Pad

Use the d-pad to move around and navigate menus.

Start Button

The Start button will enable the Pause Menu. Here you can disable the music amongst other Pico-8 options.

O Button

Hold the O button to ready an arrow. Push a direction on the d-pad while holding the button to adjust your aim. Release to fire the arrow.

Hold the O button and simultaneously press the X button to skip a turn and force the enemy to move.

The O button is also used to leave menus.

X Button

Press X to open your inventory.

Press X to choose an item from your inventory.

About

Pico Descender is a personal experiment of mine to try my hand at game development again after many years of not trying. I did the programming, art, sound fx, and music for the game. The original Rogue and the Mystery Dungeon games were my inspirations for the gameplay. The music tracks were quick little compositions I made on my piano and notated into the Pico-8 editor.

I am running out of tokens, fast, so progress is slowing down. I will try to continue to optimize tokens and work on the following milestones:

• A Title Screen and Improved End Screen
  • Updated Projectile System
  • More Music
  • More Floors, Items, & Monsters
  • Improved Inventory
  • Refined Gameplay Balance

Thank you for playing!
fdisk

P#146992 2024-04-20 15:22 ( Edited 2024-05-02 15:37)

[Please log in to post a comment]