Playtest demo for my #DISCORDJAM (Think tweetjam but 2000 chars instead of 280) submission.
Arrow keys are controls, evade the wurms and steal their food to increase your score!
Now with Rainbow wurms! They're very dangerous, as they always spawn a new wurm when eating. However, your score gains are multiplied by the number of rainbow wurms, so you get a big score boost for evading them! Finally, if you steal a rainbow wurm's food, you are granted 3 seconds of invincibility! use it wisely!
This is a great concept! I think you should add a system that stops the player from moving past the screen, as well as a way to restart the game within the cart as SandwichBlam said. You could also add a menu, maybe. Really, I think this is a project worth pursuing! Great idea!
I added to the worms so that when they eat there's a 50% chance they multiply, a 30% chance they get longer, and 20% chance they get wider (only one option is chosen each time.) I think the thick worms look really funny and they're surprisingly challenging to get away from. Any feedback on game balance, such as whether a worm's size should determine how fast it moves, is much appreciated.
[Please log in to post a comment]