Cart #fujaromoji-0 | 2021-05-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Home

A game that's very unpolished, but that means a lot to me personally

Decryption

You wake in an inn on a idyllic island floating in the void. Can you find out what this place is, who the people inhabiting it are and why you are here? You are left to your own devices, and can look for these answers while wandering in the gardens of this strange world. All while deciding you want to leave by. Home is a tiny walking simulator about mystery and unguided exploration.

Backstory, for those who care for some reason

I made this game about two years ago, and it's the first game that I "finished". There's some debugging stuff in the top left I'm too lazy to take out, there's almost no real content, there's no music, and the "puzzle" design is just atrocious with one specifically being waaaay too cryptic. Not too mention the spelling erros and glitches. However, I'm still very proud that I managed to make it in the end, and I actually think the core game holds up in its own way. It's worth uploading, at least.

The closest thing you'll get to a walk-through

Stuck? Don't want to type out a frustratingly long nonsense paragraph? Here yah go.

l grxew wklv fbskhu zloo eh fudfnhg eb wkh qhz jrgv. wkhb fuhdwhg xv, exw wkhb grq'w fduh derxw rxu fxowxuh. wklv sodfh lv d wuds, wkh grruv duh d wuds. l irxqg dqrwkhu zdb rxw. ohiw ri","wkh rog jdughq ihqfh, ehwzhhq d exvk dqg d wuhh, pb sdwk olhv. l'oo vhh brx rq wkh rwkhu vlgh

P#92722 2021-05-28 13:27

I have found a small bug where you get stuck and can't get out. I believe this could be fixed with some simple edits to the map

P#92731 2021-05-28 15:48

I have no words. This game, though unpolished is amzing. the story telling is on par with games that have taken years. Thank you for shareing this.Spoilers

I found all three endings, well two and one non ending, they all add to the story. thank you <3

P#92740 2021-05-28 20:30

This is cool, I love games like this and haven't come across any on PICO-8 yet that I can recall. Thanks for sharing!

P#92742 2021-05-28 21:32

Holy crap some people like my game this is amazing! And thanks UpTwice for pointing out the glitch, I keep thinking I removed all the trees that cause that but new ones keep popping up.

P#92760 2021-05-29 05:32

@Kieriekop Ofcourse it's a absolutly amzing story

P#92766 2021-05-29 07:43

I'd just like to say that I really like your pixel art !. the glitch seems to happen at some times when switching levels, I was not stuck by the map.

P#92982 2021-06-03 19:02

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 07:08:24 | 0.022s | Q:27