📕 INSTRUCTIONS 📕
- Choose a ship.
- Play all 3 races of the moon tournament.
- After each race, you earn points for your finishing position and number of ships you destroyed.
- Accumulate the most points at the end of the tournament to win!
🎮 CONTROL 🎮
In Moonrace you have no control over direction. Focus on the velocity control and manage your weapons the best you can to win the race.
- Player 1: X or V to Fire; Z or C to Thrust
- Player 2: Q or A to Fire; SHIFT or TAB to Thrust
You can play with up to 8 players. The game supports controllers.
You can have 2 players on the same controller with the "double control" option in the pause menu (Left/Right on the controler become Fire/Thrust). Use the Fire button to cycle between ships on the selection screen.
📊 SHIP SPECS 📊
- ACCEL : How fast the ship reaches maximum speed
- STEER : How fast the ship turns
- BRAKE : When thrust is not used, time spent to stop moving
- CROSS : Ability to drive outside the range of the gravity track
- FIGHT : Cooldown between weapons
- ARMOR : Durability of your ship
🎯 WEAPONS 🎯
- MISSILE : shoot a single missile (5 damage in a zone)
- HOMING FLARE : Look for the race race leader and deal 3 dmg on impact
- MACHINEGUN : Fire 25 bullets dealing 1 damage each
- MINE : drop 3x mine ( 3 damage in a small zone )
- SHOCKWAVE : short-circuits ships and mines. Also reboot your system if you've been targeted by shockwave.
- NITRO BOOST : Huge acceleration for .5 second. Use with caution
- SHIELD : Protect you from any harms. Also damage your opponents
📜 CREDITS 📜
CODE : BoneVolt / Benjamin Soulé
GFX : BoneVolt
MUSIC : Jamaass
Oh, this is a fantastic achievement. I've enjoyed seeing the GIFs of it on Twitter but missed that it actually released!
This is one of those Pico-8 games where the devs really went the extra mile when it came to polish and presentation. Even just the title screen is lovely. The split-screen multiplayer is quite impressive, even aesthetically.
Well, this is going right to my favorites, where I keep all the Pico-8 games that meet such a high standard of quality. I imagine the Christmas release date has everyone busy, so this hasn't yet gotten as much attention as it deserves, but hopefully that'll change!
[Please log in to post a comment]