Last month I was trying out some Pico-8 features and finally brought them all together in my first cart.
It's a simple 8x8 pixels animation editor. It features:
- Pixel editor with "Pencil" and "Fill color" tools.
- Animations allow up to 12 frames.
- Add/remove frames to the current animation.
- Editable frame delay.
- Play/pause animation controls.
- Keyboard device for text input.
- Export to PNG (only sprites, not metadata).
For now I have an alpha version because is not finished yet but I wanted to share with you some kind of build that allows me put my mind in another subject.
I've planned to add new features like multiple animations, export metadata capabilities, and much more, but for now this is the v0.1 release.
New 0.2 version including:
- Fill tool fixed
- Start/stop animation with toogle button
- Export frames to clipboard
New 0.3 version including:
- Rotate sprite clockwise and anti-clockwise tool
- Undo tool with 12 actions memory per frame
I like the idea! there's a few things I don't understand though;
where does the file export to?
is that how the fill color is supposed to work?
could the play/stop buttons be the same toggle-thing?
I'm all for sprite drawers and I like the animation part built into it,
I just don't understand 100% of how it works.
[Please log in to post a comment]