Cart #8390 | 2014-01-21 | Embed ▽ | No License

The world is not as you think when your dead. Voxi, a dead man doesn't like the fact that the world is mapped black and white in afterlife. On his quest to save the afterlife boredom, he has to see what's over the rainbow; the only colored thing in this lonely world. He will have to fight the 5 god of color: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple. This is the only way to get this world color back.

Title: Psychadelia Realms
Version: 0.4
Type: Adventure
Difficulty: Procedural

Creator of models, animation and mobs:BlindDevil
Use or modify models, animation or mobs created by author: Yes to prop, no to mobs, no to concept.

Here's a list of the monster you'll encounter:

-Pink Flying pig ( Easy )
-Devil flying pig ( Easy )
-Turret I ( Easy )
-Turret II ( Easy )
-Turret III ( Easy )
-Bunny ( Swarm )
-Giant Bunny ( Elite )
-Speedooo ( Easy )
-Creature ( Easy )
-Fairy ( Passive )
-Biohazarded Bunny ( Easy ) PS: Explosive suicide
-Giant Toxic Bunny ( Elite )
-Toxic swarmer ( Swarm )
-Qwack ( Elite )
-Deduplier ( Medium )

-Bad Fairy ( Swarm ) ---: Emmited only by bosses

-Nautilus ( Boss III ) Tips: Tactical positioning
-The Green ( Boss II ) Tips: Fight from a distance
-The Red ( Boss I ) Tips: Dodging skill needed

Next area I'll make will be the ocean, More " puzzles " on this one. Next boss idea anyone ?

P#8301 2014-01-14 19:51 ( Edited 2014-01-21 22:02)

I'm unable to shoot because I can't use custom weapons, so I can't comment on the balance/difficulty.

A few little things:
-the minty green in your rainbows should actually be a yellow-green and go between yellow and green instead of green and blue! The rainbows looked a little off because of it. A tiny detail, but rainbows are the theme of the stage so I think it'll make significant difference.

-The grass is great! Really looks like it's on a flying platform in the sky.

P#8312 2014-01-15 13:47 ( Edited 2014-01-15 18:47)

I do agree with you !

P#8314 2014-01-15 14:10 ( Edited 2014-01-15 19:10)

Even with an ability to be able to fire custom weapons, somehow it still does not work even for me. Maybe you should fix this?

P#8318 2014-01-15 19:58 ( Edited 2014-01-16 00:58)

It's now fixed I used a normal character.

P#8320 2014-01-15 20:59 ( Edited 2014-01-16 02:31)

Wow! That was really cool. You've really mastered enemy behaviors. The Green's teleporting attack was pretty neat and I'm not even sure how you did it! Invisible, harmless, wander really quickly?

A few complaints:

While the environment design was creative overall, each room (except the rooms with the turrets which were AWESOME) felt like it was lacking a little bit. I got excited by the level of detail in the first few rooms, but was let down by the later ones, especially in the green zone. However, like I said, the green zone enemies were very well done. A rabbit laying eggs?!?! Really cool!

The Red was very fun. Probably my favorite boss fight so far until you defeat the turrets. After they died, I just stood directly in front and shot for about a whole minute. But the beginning of the fight was extremely fun and I felt like my skill was getting me through.

The bad fairies feel a little more annoying than challenging. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but maybe they're too fast or there are too many of them (or both). Also, it's confusing to have good fairies and bad fairies because they looked exactly (as far as I could tell) the same and I was unsure of which I could touch safely.

The Green was cool, but I think he had too much health. I found myself consistently getting him into red, then getting killed by the cheap fairies. More specifically, one or two of his attacks releases fairies far from his body. When they spawn on you or really close to you, it's pretty unfair to dodge. I would spawn them much closer to green's body for the sake of fun. I would say reduce his health by like 20% and move him into red a bit earlier.

Overall, very innovative and creative with excellent enemy design, but a few tweaks could make it more fun. Great job.

P#8355 2014-01-19 14:01 ( Edited 2014-01-19 19:01)

Yeah I was already working for a fix for the green. + The only" " bad " fairys are the ones emitted by Bosses, I will changes their color ( blue = good red = bad )

Also thank you for telling me that the " Green land " lacked details, I'll work on it !

P#8358 2014-01-19 16:09 ( Edited 2014-01-19 21:09)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 05:51:02 | 0.012s | Q:21