Cart #seagullnelson_pl-0 | 2020-10-18 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Hi everyone, first upload!

The experience

I've finally played around enough to gain a mild understanding of what's going on. Though still don't quite understand how to make music, but it's no fault of the tracker.. just my own inexperience in composing.
It's been a fun learning experience playing in lua, and more specifically in the pico environment.

Having all the tools so easily accessible makes the development process so much fun. Not dealing with any asset pipeline nonsense really speeds up the process in hashing out an idea.
I have a couple more mechanics I want to shove into this thing but will need to spend some time refactoring to get more tokens. This is the aspect I'm least fond of, but means that the scope has a ceiling, which is really helpful.

The game

A day in the life of a seagull, to fly, chat, rest, catch fish and poop.

Todo:

• still need to figure out what to do with the days, and replenishing fish.
  • a win condition or someway to "complete" the experience.

Thanks

I'd love it if you have a moment to comment and give me any feedback.

P#83081 2020-10-18 19:16 ( Edited 2020-10-19 08:13)

love the art style, flying controls are good. Took me a minute to understand how to get fish but once I realized you can seem them from up high I started fishing. Think you're onto some cool stuff here.

P#83095 2020-10-18 23:59

Beautiful!

I seem to run out of stamina almost immediately...maybe I'm just misunderstanding something but it would probably be more fun to be able to move around more before having to stop and wait.

The map seems to have a wrap-around point or something...feels disorienting when it happens.

Otherwise I love this so much! Very idyllic!

P#83145 2020-10-20 00:13

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-20 09:24:58 | 0.012s | Q:18