So, I decided to work on my little game today when for some unexplainable reason, when I try to load my game in the console I'm greeted with the message 'could not load'. I don't know why this happens, nor what causes it to happen, but this has happened to me three times already and it's infuriating. If there's any way to prevent it, or better yet get me my game back, please tell me! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

-Roverkibb

P#81674 2020-09-10 22:23

are you sure you are in the right dirc and put in the right name?
(You can check to see if your file exists by looking in your cart folder in whatever OS you use.
(better yet you can extract the data with a texteditor and paste it in a new file if you can't open it somehow too.))
:p
(For ex I'm on mac and the dirc for pico-8 is:
Macintosh HD -> Users -> (username) -> Library -> Application Support -> pico-8 -> carts
(you might want to make a shortcut or a alias.) )

Oh and you can type "ls" into consule to see your current dirc
(the "help" cmd will show you all of the stuff like "ls" "cd" etc.)

P#81680 2020-09-11 02:42 ( Edited 2020-09-11 02:47)

You can also use inline auto-complete by typing part of the name and hitting tab. If it doesn't auto-complete, it's not in the current folder.

Is it possible you had changed the current directory/folder with the CD command and forgot to change it back before saving your cart in the first place? Search the carts folder and its subfolders.

Giving us more information about where your cart folder is on your local drive, and what the filename of the cart is, might also help us locate a problem.

If the cart is definitely there and you are willing to do so, I'd then suggest that you upload the file somewhere and point us at it so one of us (and hopefully @zep) can take a closer look at the actual file to figure out what's failing.

P#81838 2020-09-15 05:55 ( Edited 2020-09-15 05:56)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-18 06:15:22 | 0.007s | Q:15