Cart #hokori-0 | 2020-08-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

It took me WAY too long, but I alchemized myself some map colission and physics!
(c) Oh uh graphics and all the code by me, duh.
My goal with this isn't just to make a game. but to come up with my own ways of doing so. I want to use as few tutorials as possible as to keep with my moto "no copy pastig under any circumstances".
PS: (Don't look at ye source code if thee wants to keep thine sanity)

P#80967 2020-08-20 00:47

Hello. It is time to leave comment.
Yiss.
Here go.

Anyway, there's something that really hit home to me about your rant about how you don't like how your code looks and how you have to be satisfied with it and it needs to look a certain way. I totally get that. I feel EXACTLY that same way about my own code. Strangely enough, PICO-8 helped me a lot to not worry about the way my code looks because the screen is too small to let me type out my variables the way I want to (usually_snake_case, spelled out, but instead I need to abbreviate because of the small screen size).

I did check your code. I see nothing wrong with it. If you're a college student who's been around the block with code for a little while, I can understand how you could possibly dislike everyone being non-personal about their code, as if it's a commodity. Some people code for efficiency, and some code for beauty. The bottom-line is if you're doing it for you, then it doesn't matter how it looks. It can be the most inefficient code imaginable, but games, images, sounds, and code alike are all part of the artistic package which makes up your own creation. So, it doesn't make one difference if it doesn't appear to be up to others' standards. What matters most is what you get out of it.

Sorry to rant in parallel with your own rant. Just wanted to put that out there. Thanks!

• Goober
P#80994 2020-08-21 02:08

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 09:36:32 | 0.010s | Q:16