Here is my fist Pico-8 game: Pico-Bot. I made this over the last two months in my spare time. It's a sort of horizontal Space Invaders with platforms and more intricate scoring techniques.
How to Play
- Destroy enemies and collect the orbs they drop.
- The quicker you collect orbs, the higher your score.
- Collect three large orbs to activate the score multiplier.
- Tip: you're invincible while jumping between platforms.
Here's a video showing the game being completed to show that it is possible!
You can download Windows, Linux, OSX, and Raspberry Pi builds from my itch.io page:
- Initial release
- Added a more eye-catching cart label.
- Simplified drawing of logo by using sspr function to draw sprite sheet region.
- Fixed a text alignment issue on title screen.
- Changed mines to prevent them spawning slightly off-screen.
- Adjusted the difficulty slightly to make it fairer.
- Disabled diagonal inputs to make it easier to play using dpad / joystick.
Wow. You took that arrow key code and ran with it, @timeandspace. :)
And yeah this looks great ! Glad to help. Gold star game.
You should definitely check out Beamrider for the Atari 2600. One of my all-time fav games from years ago. Very playable and very enjoyable 3D shooter.
[Please log in to post a comment]