Not necessarily a bug - just unexpected behavior / missing functionality in 0.2.0i.

When in the new SFX / Music Organiser and switching to SFX view it is possible to copy and paste SFX around within the loaded cart cart. However, when you copy an SFX in this mode you can't paste it into another cart. Instead it will paste the pattern.

It an odd case. It technically makes sense because this is still the Pattern view. But subjectively, by switching into the Organiser and to SFX it becomes a very SFX-focused interface. So I would expect to be able to copy SFX from here and paste them to other carts.

This is especially the case since this view lends itself very well to a typical use scenario I encounter often. Let's say I have an old game that I want to re-use some sound effects from. I would fire up the SFX Organiser, shift-select the SFX I want and copy and paste them to a new project.

While we're at it, I also have a feature request - it would be great if there was a visual indicator in this view to distinguish SFX that are used in patterns and SFX that aren't used in any pattern. This would help quickly identify whether an SFX is music or a sound effect. Perhaps a border or a different-colored background?

P#76848 2020-05-18 17:13 ( Edited 2020-05-18 17:21)

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 13:55:49 | 0.006s | Q:10