My entry to the first #ToyBoxJam is, a PICO-8 remake of...
Alfredo's Stupendous Surprise!
(Originally created by Tom Hall & John Romero - for Softdisk Issue #98)
I made it as best as I could, within the jam limitations
(e.g. only using pre-defined assets!)
Choose options (when prompted) = ◀ / ▶
X or Z to Start/Select
Alfredo's back in this PICO-8 remake, especially for #ToyBoxJam
and has he got a surprise for you! 🥳🎉
- Will Alfredo get to his house?
- Will he get to blow out the candles on his cake?
- Will he die in some horrible death?
- Play his latest adventure and find out!
Have fun & thanks for playing! 😁
- Initial Release
- FIX: Bug with 10 Ton weight (thx Tom!)
- FIX: Co-routine bug on last screen (thx again, Tom!)
Hahaha, amazing surprise! SUPER FAITHFUL to the original.
REALLY great job, man! Kudos!
@thattomhall Thank you, Sir.
...for the kind words (+ also for the original, wacky game!) 😊
@Liquidream stealth cart edit to revision 2, because the current player can't handle giving _draw() custom parameters! In this case, it was resulting in a blank screen. So for now I removed the bypass parameter and set a global instead.
[Please log in to post a comment]