Berry The Scientist is alternative version of my entry to #ProcJam "Terry The Skeleton" that I submitted couple of days ago. The idea was suggested by @dw817 and ( @mtrc)[https://twitter.com/mtrc]. In Berry, the player can move up to three moves before the enemies can move. The goal is to see how fast you can finish the game in number of enemy steps. I hope it make you smile while playing :)
- Arrows: to move/dash around based on the movement type
- X or Z: to change the movement type between normal movement (1 tile move) or dashing (tile it reach a wall)
- Player can do three actions before enemies react.
- You can kill enemies by walking in them during your turn.
- The game follows the following sequence: player turn, enemies attack, then enemies move.
- The highlighted tiles are tiles that you should stay away during the enemies attack turn as they signify where the enemies will strike.
- Always pay attention where will you land after you final action.
- The rotating stars shows where the player will land if they took that action, if a certain direction doesn't have a star then it means you can't move in that direction but sometimes you can attack if you are beside the enemy.
- Pay attention to the player eye color as it determine the type of movement (beside the rotating stars).
- Each enemy type have an easy movement patterns and a clear attack area so try to learn them when they first appear.
- Kill all the enemies so you can proceed to the next room.
- You gain 1 health when you advance to the next level.
- I know it is not much and might have some bugs but I hope you will enjoy it :)
Superb ! And yes, in room 5 I do need a bit of time to think. The pause so the player can make 3-moves is excellent. You definitely have my STAR for this.
there is a game you might be interested in for the Gameboy Color, a homebrew game called, "Hungry Are The Dead."
The actual game of Hungry Are The Dead is a bit of a tactical marvel.
You start with one player, you must get in the house to find the pistol and avoid zombies until then. You can make 4 moves, they make 2. You really have to put your thinking cap on to get by a bunch of them.
Once you have the rifle you still need to be point blank in front of them or most of the time you will miss and use up one of your bullets from your ammo. That also takes 2-moves to shoot instead of 1 to move.
Get good enough, rescue someone and then you get to control them as well as your original player in tactical, 4 moves to their still 2, but then they appear in greater numbers.
You rescue city blocks on the map it shows you at the end of each level. It's really pretty cool with stairs you can climb and there are definitely tense situations where you are trying to get away because you have no weapon or are out of ammo.
Thanks a lot, glad you like it :) it has a different vibe from the other game (more puzzle) :)
thanks for pointing to that great gbc game. wooow, i can see a lot of interesting ideas that can happen on that formula with a little bit of fast paced movements :)
Thanks again for everthing :)
Yeah, finally got to level 14 ! Really enjoying this puzzle game.
I appreciate the story too, @amidos2006. Reminds me a little of the plot I read in a Heavy Metal magazine many years ago where the Church and Bishop were the supreme rulers of the cosmos threatened by dissension.
[Please log in to post a comment]