Hell Hole: Final Release
- Movement: up,down,left,right
- Attack: Hold X or Z
How To Play:
- Move your avatar around the screen to avoid getting hit by demons and saw-blades.
- Hold the attack buttons to shoot your soul out and control it to hit demons.
- You can't move your body while using your soul. Your body is still vulnerable.
- Let go of the attack button to return your soul to your body.
- You can't damage saw-blades.
- Survive 66 seconds...
- Original concept, design, programming, art: Gabe Duarte
- Aditional art: Liam McAlinden
You can download a build of this game over at Itch.io.
Nicely done! It's simplistic but not in a negative way, it's focused and easy to pick up and learn. The game is quite polished and cleanly-designed. (It's also definitely a bit on the brutal side.)
The Soul mechanic is very nice and presents a good risk/reward dilemma. I also like how the Soul still hurts foes when zooming back to you if you let go of the button, which can definitely come in handy at times.
I do have a few bits of feedback, though:
- The game would really benefit from music (and could use a more interesting game over sound effect).
- Saw blades could have their collision radius decreased by a pixel or two. It feels like they just have to slightly nick you to kill you.
- It would be nice if there was a distinct visual effect for a near miss, perhaps maybe a ring pulse or the edges of the screen turning pink and jittery for a moment.
[Please log in to post a comment]