- rocket into the spiraling vortex
- face and destroy the cosmic horrors living inside it
- restore peace to the galaxy once and for all
- left/right - move your ship in a circle around the vortex
- up/down - get closer into or farther away from the vortex
- z - shoot your weapon, hold for auto-fire and to make your ship move slower
- movement of your ship is vortex-relative, it helps to stay on the bottom part of the vortex to not make movement confusing
- try to stay as far away from the vortex as possible
- try to only move sideways most of the time, sometimes it's even better to move slowly (by holding fire) or even to not move at all
- you'll die a lot, but you have infinite lives, the only punishment is the time delay of your next ship to arrive
- try to kill the enemies as fast as possible to get further into the vortex
Feel free to add any comments, suggestions, bugs, etc. below. I'm interested in hearing what you think about the game in terms of: difficulty, controls, pacing, length, etc.
Update 1.01: After playing the game on the GameShell, I noticed the hud was really hard to read so I made it brighter and auto-hide when the player ship is close.
Argh - I am stuck on mobile for now, but looks like the first shmup where you need a PhD in astrophysic to calculate bullet path ;)
Q: did you try a version with enemies and bullets scaling up as they approach? I was not expecting a flat world given player’s ship angle of attack :/
The rules of physics don't apply here. 😂
But seriously tho, I did think about it (given the influence on Gyruss) but decided against it to have more resolution on the play area.
Christ on a bike, that's hard! :D
But congrats on finishing it, it's just that I'm apparently not as good at "bullet hell" games as I thought!
(MENTAL NOTE: I'll be unable to complete my own "The Ballz Are Lava!" remake, when it's ever done!)
@Liquiddream: yeah, this is likely the hardest game I'll ever make. It's one of the reasons I decided to allow infinite lives and just put the count of shame on the top-left corner ;)
@dhostin: I did think about that one, but I felt it would have changed the feel of the game dramatically (although I have been proven wrong on my intuition before). In any case, it might be worth experimenting with in the near future.
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I would be interested in seeing how far you made it. :)
Yes! Saving the vortex unleashed more than 4 billion horrors upon the universe, good job invader! :D
@Ikura but, but... I just finished 4 Giga Boss Fights a couple of months ago! XD
stealth-edit: did you beat all 4+ billion bosses? did you?!?! :D
Nice! it felt as if there was a story before this:
It is the year 2030. A vortex has formed. Someone has posted an emergency relic commission. Thousands of monsters have been sighted wandering around the vortex, threatening the safety and freedom of the galaxy and the Solar System. It is only to you, the commander, to defeat them and put an end to this threat.
Side note: You can add a survival mode, checking how many monsters I can defeat before all my 3 lives have been lost.
[Please log in to post a comment]