Cart #gezwupes-0 | 2019-02-16 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

This is a short puzzle game based off of another puzzle game I saw, SPAB. The player's inputs affect the world as well as the character. I came up with some messy ways to make it work and would redo a lot of it if I made a more complete version.

If I do expand on this idea I see two ways to with it. Either a sort of action-puzzle game with fighting enemies and smoother movement, or a more complex puzzle game with much more responding environmental parts and maybe more rigid movement.

P#61936 2019-02-16 01:37

Very nice and fun :)
I am surprise you have it working so well without any Lua scripting. Super Good Job!

P#61938 2019-02-16 02:26

Wow , really nice concept , graphics are good too ,well done.

P#61955 2019-02-16 20:20

This reminds me of something Kling made while back. Similarly controls themed puzzles but portrayed in a different way (with vanishing blocks instead of elevators as with yours).
https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=1771

I also see the resemblance to SPAB. Pretty neat. Inspiration is a pathway to imagination.

Some feedback:

The control lock feels weird, I would recommend only locking one axis instead of both as that can cause disorientation. (For example: lock only the X axis when Y buttons are pushed but not vice versa. If the player is holding right and up the player will go up instead of stopping. You can choose to only lock the Y axis if you so wish, but I recommend only locking one).

Voxatron has a built in cart end-er or this cart is finished thing. If you create a new door and check the box that says "World Goal" anyone who enters the door (or picks it up if the door type is set to collectible) ends that cart and is easily able to restart if they want. If you don't want to do this, that is okay as well. I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't know that was a thing.

Lastly, I would usually recommend more content, but seeing as you labeled this as "demo" I can see why it lacks additional content. I look forward to expansions upon this.

P#62935 2019-03-22 03:12

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 07:16:59 | 0.010s | Q:20