I don't have any currently existing solution, but have you seen this? https://twitter.com/lexaloffle/status/1004317502644445184
My "on the go coding" setup (iPhone but should work the same on Android):
- Any SoC that can:
- run Pico-8
- act as a wireless hotspot
- act as a VNC server
(I use a PocketCHIP)
- VNC + Textastic on iPhone
My workflow is:
- get source on device (git) at home
- device in bagpack
- connect phone to device hotspot over wireless
(no data plan!)
- synchronize code between phone and device (Textastic as native cp over ssh support)
- use VNC to "compile" and test code
I've been able to make significant games (see my profile) with that setup!
You could use some kind of remote-desktop solution to remote into a PC running Pico-8.
Chrome Remote Desktop is pretty trouble-free on Android.
That might chew through your data plan, though.
Another obvious choice is to get a portable machine. Like (the now discontinued) PocketChip, or a RasPi in a nice case.
Log in to post a comment