- Arrows for movement
- X for shooting
- O for shield
- Pick up the powerup to double fire rate!
- Can't boost while shielding.
- There are no asteroids or enemies yet. Sorry!
This is a WIP and I'm not sure where to take this yet (if anywhere!) I'm considering an aggressive "rambo" version of asteroids: really leaning in to the over-the-top cooldowns, violent explosions and too many particles.
Pretty happy with the sound so far - using a sub oscillator for the shot sfx makes it sound pretty meaty, and I'm pretty proud of the faux phasing in the shield sound. Boost particles aren't quite right yet, but they're pretty fun. When I try to tweak the boost I only make it worse. Input welcomed!
Might try to add parallax to the starfield next, to allow for some roaming.
That's a really, really, good start! everything looks and sounds great.
- the power-up and ship don't match, so you might want to choose between vector and pixel
- emit the particle from the back of the ship if it stays vector/hollow
- maybe have a larger playfield with scrolling and wraparound. I like the bumping though, maybe with shield against asteroids?
just add asteroids and you already have a very enjoyable "standard" asteroids game.
[Please log in to post a comment]