THE BALLZ ARE LAVA!
"Nobody knows why - it's just always been this way. Our chance of survival is to absorb all the Green Orbs floating around, while avoiding certain death by touching the Lava - all before the time runs out!"
My entry to the #FC_JAM that came 2nd Place, where the theme was "Union".
For the best experience, download or Click here to play on Itch.io, coz it can hide the mouse cursor!
- Mouse = Move player (Recommended)
- Arrows = Move player
- Endless number of levels*
- (Theoretically - though probably impossible after a while!)
- Each level is "consistently random" - learn the best way to win!
- 6x Power-Ups to help you throughout the game
- Timed levels - Race the clock!
- High Score
- Familiar-sounding thumping music... *cough*
THANKS & ATTRIBUTION:
The following PICO-8 posts & resources were very helpful in the making of this game:
- blokatt's "fire" tweetjam
- Zoom Counter by RhythmLynx
- Krystman's "Screenshake and Fading" sample code
- Big numbers in PICO-8 (Felice, NuSan, et al.)
- ...and of course, "Funky Shit" by The Prodigy (sorry if I butchered it!)
[b]v1.1[/b] * ADD: Momentary shrink at press of button (wait to recharge) * ADD: New one-time shield power-up * ADD: Music can now be toggled on/off via pause menu * ADD: Particle effects for deaths & game over screen * ADD: Now saves highest level reached * CHG: Power-up animations * CHG: Pause power-up now works in conjunction with player power-ups * FIX: Title anim pos * FIX: Power-up pos under ui * FIX: Player pos jump at start of level (now controllable during countdown) * FIX: Game over screen/anim can now be skipped [b]1.0[/b] * Initial version
Hey Paul! I finally got to play this. Not sure how it slipped past me, but it's GREAT! Love it.
The music really suits it too.
Lovely game this. You know how to make something fun.
Aww, thanks Roy - glad u liked it :D
I think I released this before u started playing with Pico-8.
(TBH, I'd almost forgotten I'd made it myself!)
But then I remembered that I always thought it might be interesting to make a "HD" version, with crisp, modern graphics and sound. So, now I've started... ;o)
Hi Liquidream. Yes, I have to agree with Roy. It is a very nice and fun game.
[Please log in to post a comment]