Cart #trickorthree-3 | 2024-02-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Trick or Three

I made this for Halloween 2022 and missed the deadline. Picked it up again a few weeks ago and found a nasty bug. It turned out to be bad code, which I am really good at. I rewrote most of the routines and now it seems to work 😅.

Update #2

Minor overhaul: I updated the cart with some minor fixes:

• new SFX
  • new title screen
  • deleted some unused stuff
  • minor optimization

Update

Added a routine to detect proper gaps all over the cauldron. Apparently I needed a shitty day at work to come up with this.

How to play

Use the arrow keys or d-pad to move around the cauldron. Hold down x, z or any controller button on a tile and move it around the cauldron with the arrow keys or d-pad. Match at least three tiles of the same type to remove them from the cauldron. But beware: Don"t create gaps in the cauldron! They prevent you from moving tiles around the cauldron and will cost you a life. Try to match as many tiles as possible to refill the cauldron.

Enjoy!

Thanks to ArtVBurry for the nice Halloween sprites ❤️

P#135233 2023-10-01 20:08 ( Edited 2024-02-27 18:18)

I like it that you could move a piece anywhere you like but the no gap rule is really shocking. I need to get used to it next time.

P#135502 2023-10-06 08:21

Cute! The no gaps rule makes it a pretty unique take on a match-3 game. When I screw up it's usually because I didn't think about how tiles would move while I'm working on something else. The lack of a timer actually lets you plan those moves out though, so you only have yourself to blame when that happens😅

P#135503 2023-10-06 09:02

[Please log in to post a comment]