Hello there.

No, that's not Total Recall. Tabber Recall.

As you may be aware you can press the UP arrow key when you are in immediate mode and it will recall the last commands you have typed.

However the feature I would like to request is engaged when you press the TAB key and depending upon what you've already typed, it will match.

Example. Let's say you've typed all this in immediate mode:

pset(49,49,3)
apple="sauce"
sandy="beach"
save exact-12-10-22
bread="ginger"

Now if you wanted to save your code again you could press the UP arrow key twice and press ENTER. However suppose you have entered 100 or more commands since then. Well you'd be pressing that UP arrow key quite a few times to find it.

What I suggest is this.

Much like being able to press TAB when you select, load {filename} instead of showing you the files it shows you the commands. So if you typed out s in immediate mode and the TAB key you would get:

sandy="beach"
save exact-12-10-22
> s

If you pressed a and v from here and pressed TAB again, as there is only one instance of this, it would auto-complete it for you.

> save exact-12-10-22

Then you just press ENTER to accept.

This feature already exists in files. Try typing out load in immediate mode followed by space and a few characters of files you know exist in that directory. This is the feature I would like for immediate mode, not just LOAD but any commands you may have typed.

How about it, @zep ?

P#122166 2022-12-10 18:53 ( Edited 2022-12-20 17:32)

Yes pls
You have my star

P#122170 2022-12-10 19:18

[Please log in to post a comment]