Lava Rockfall!

If you haven't already heard of Rockfall, it's the first video game I ever completed.

What is it?

Lava Rockfall is a floor-is-lava style game. Jump from rock to rock to not fall in the lava. Be careful, though. Being hit by a rock can shove you into the lava!

If you think that the screen gets too clogged up with particles and whatnot, or you are (somehow) lagging, you can pause the game and select Disable GFX to disable it, and Enable GFX to enable it again.

If you feel the game is too difficult, feel free to press Disable Deaths in the pause menu. You no longer will take any damage.

Cart #lavarockfall-3 | 2024-03-15 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

The only reason this exists is because my friend decided that it should.

Controls:
Z/C (Computer) or O (Mobile): Jump
X/V (Computer) or X (Mobile): Start the game
Arrow Keys (Computer) or D-Pad (Mobile): Move

Version 1.1 adds a volcano, background, and smoke plume. 1.1b fixes smoke still showing up with No GFX on.

Thanks for playing!

P#119274 2022-10-18 22:42 ( Edited 2024-03-15 22:10)

Hi @MrAwesome:

I would add an option for EASY perhaps where you can jump through lava rocks when ascending upwards, but still can fall down in the lava.

It's difficult enough to stay afloat in the sinking rocks let alone when they pummel you from above and push you under the magma and you lose all your hearts in a matter of seconds.

P#119284 2022-10-19 05:09

I also think that maybe the rocks should be a bit more consistent, because as of right now they come in waves making it more difficult to not be pushed under and more difficult to stay above the lava before the rocks sink.

P#119309 2022-10-19 15:13

very fun and creative but a little too hard in my opinion. I agree with the others, I think you should modify the rocks a little, maybe make them slower or something like that.

P#129071 2023-04-27 04:38

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 13:43:51 | 0.035s | Q:23