❎ to select/confirm
🅾️ to display all captured cards
Knowledge of koi-koi is obviously highly recommended to enjoy the game, but here a quick rundown of the rules :
An hanaduda deck contains 48 cards, 4 cards for each month :
Each round, you try to capture card by matching a card from your hand with a card from the table with the corresponding month, then you reveal the top card of the deck and try to match it in the same way.
If you play a card without a match on the table, it will be discarded on the table.
The goal of the game is to gain points by forming yaku, and either ending the round to score your points (calling shōbu), or gamble your unscored points to to double them (calling koi-koi).
Gokō 五光 (10pts)
All five hikari cards.
Shikō 四光 (8pts)
Four hikari cards without Ono no Michikaze.
Ame-Shikō 雨四光 (7pts)
Four hikari cards including Ono no Michikaze.
Sankō 三光 (5pts)
Any 3 hikari cards excluding Ono no Michikaze.
Hanami de Ippai 花見で一杯 (5pts)
The sakura ni maku card and the sake cup card. Cumulative with Tsukimi de Ippai
Tsukimi de Ippai 月見で一杯 (5pts)
The full moon card and the sake cup card. Cumulative with Hanami de Ippai
Inoshikachō 猪鹿蝶 (5pts + 𝐍pts)
The deer, boar and butterfly tane cards, give an additional point for every additional tane card.
Akatan 赤短 (5pts + 𝐍pts)
All three poetry tanzaku cards, give an additional point for every additional tanzaku card.
Aotan 青短 (5pts + 𝐍pts)
All three blue tanzaku cards, give an additional point for every additional tanzaku card.
Akatan, Aotan no Chōfuku 赤短・青短の重複 (10pts + 𝐍pts)
All three poetry tanzaku cards, and all three blue tanzaku, give an additional point for every additional tanzaku card.
Tanzaku 短冊 (1pt + 𝐍pts)
Any five tanzaku cards, give an additional point for every additional tanzaku card.
Tane タネ (1pt + 𝐍pts)
Any five tane cards, give an additional point for every additional tane card.
Kasu カス (1pt + 𝐍pts)
Any ten of the twenty-four kasu cards, give an additional point for every additional kasu card.
As always with koi-koi, there plenty of variation of the rules, here the ones used in this version :
- The player always start the game as the oya 親 (first-player).
- Lucky hands : teshi 手四 have been banned, kuttsuki くっつき have no effect.
- Scoring 7 or more points in a single round double them.
- Koi-Koi count toward both player, meaning that when scoring, the points will be multiplied by 1 plus the number of time koi-koi was called. i.g doubled if koi-koi was called once, tripled if it was called twice and so on.
- Sake cup count both toward Tane and Kasu.
- enlarged card selector for better readability.
- added multiple sounds (yaku prompt, win, lose).
- added intro splash screen.
[Please log in to post a comment]