Cart #pobohezapa-3 | 2022-06-27 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Controls

-Shoot the bullseye to start.
-Mouse to aim.
-Left mouse button to shoot.
-X or Z to restart.

Rules

-The goal is to have the highest score and highest accuracy% possible.
-The yellow ducks are worth 10 points and the target is worth 50 points.
-Avoid hitting the green duck as it will deduct 50 points.

Info

This is my first Pico-8 game so any feedback or suggestions will be much appreciated. It is a carnival style shooting gallery. I had some difficulty getting the collision to work with all of the objects and I am still looking for ways to improve it, especially with making the green duck block the collision for the target. The collision I am currently using is the circle-based collision from the Bridgs tutorial series.

Updates

Update 1

-Left mouse button now shoots instead of Z.
-Added hit sound effects for the target, yellow duck, and green duck.
-Added sparks when shooting the target, yellow duck, and green duck using a mikamulperi tutorial.
-Shooting the green duck deducts 50 points instead of 20.

Update 2

-Fixed ammo amount.
-Small change to the title screen graphics.
-Ducks and target now disappear briefly after being shot.
-Shoot the bullseye to start the game instead of pressing Z or X.

images

P#113694 2022-06-26 20:32 ( Edited 2022-06-27 19:23)

Nice, @PUNKWEIGHTINTRO. I would like to see a target at least vanish for .5 seconds when hit though. While the explosion registers a hit, it is very brief.

Then it would be possible for an adept player to hit each of the 3-yellow ducks in succession and the targets only reappearing after .5 seconds when they are shot.

P#113730 2022-06-27 16:05

@dw817 thank you for the feedback. I have updated the game so that the ducks and target now disappear for a bit after being shot. Let me know how it feels and how you think it could be improved

P#113737 2022-06-27 19:20

Score=600. Accuracy=71.

Nice ! Yep, @punweightintro. Good little shooter. Here, let me show you a great one for the Atari 2600.

https://youtu.be/kjh2rT_PCNs

What is especially interesting about this Carnival Shooting Gallery is that if you do not shoot the ducks in time they will EAT your ammo.

The rabbits will multiply if left alone long enough. And you can shoot the "pipe" targets on the rotating wheel.

P#113916 2022-07-03 01:57

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 13:05:54 | 0.067s | Q:23