About this game
This is a demake of GRADIUS, KONAMI. Boss rush mode is available and you can fight 9 bosses selected from GRADIUS series continuously.
I made this game to feel "Wow, looks like the legendary game GRADIUS when seen from a distance!".
I never made this as a perfect clone. There are many differences from the original game.
How to play
Start the game and enter select panel.
- Select mode: NO DAMAGE or NORMAL
- Select rank: LOW or HIGH
- Select number of options: 1 to 3
- Select stage to start: 1 to 9
If you select NO DAMAGE, player doesn't get damaged. In this mode, you can enjoy tour of bosses of GRADIUS series and the player, Vic viper equips gold force field. If you select NORMAL, collision detection of the player is enabled.
If you select HIGH rank, the enemies shoot revenge bullets. If you select LOW rank, the enemies don't.
- D-Pad/Arrows: move player
- O/Z: shoot laser
- O/X: shoot missiles
- When the player miss, the equipment will remains.
- The bosses are roughly implemented. Most of the original patterns do not work. The top right of the screen safe area for COVERED CORE and reflect laser pattern for BIG CORE mk-III are available.
- The collision judgement of the player is lenient but dodging bullets in this low resolution screen is tough. The difficulty is high and unique strategy of this pico-8 game is needed. If you select HIGH rank and less options, the difficulty goes up further.
- Minor fixes
- Zero can be selected for number of options
- Add sounds for enemy's laser
- Crystal core appears from your behind with warning
- Gofer speaks in letters
- Change sounds of enemy's laser
- Big Core mk-III shoots laser behind when player is behind
- Fix to delete reflect laser's collision detection when game is over in Big Core mk-III stage.
[Please log in to post a comment]