Cart #lektrik_sportz-1 | 2022-02-28 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Lektrik Sportz Game

A Captain Neat-o Adventure

Let's get one thing straight. This is not Electric Football™. Doctor Lamento destroyed the football years ago because, you know, he's evil. But, I get ahead of myself. This is the story of Captain Neat-o who is far from home and falls into the clutches of Doctor Lamento.

The evil Doctor forces our hero to face off against his most formidable opponent, Neat-o himself, in a spectacle the Doctor calls Lektrik Sportz Game (because he can't spell and, you know, he's evil.)

Game Play

Run from one end of the field to the other while avoiding your opponents. You should make it home in under 5 minutes. Don't fall off.

Your teammates can help block the opponents and you can set their overall direction and confrontation style in the strategy session.

If you are using a keyboard to play, use the X key to advance to the next screen/teammate and the Z key to switch modes in the strategy session. Arrow keys select options, set direction, and move teammates.

The visiting team's strategy is randomly generated, but set for a single day. Learn their strategy over multiple plays and eventually defeat them in a single down! Then, come back tomorrow and play a new challenge.

Poetry Corner (Spoilers)

The Story So Far

Captain Neat-o floats in space,
So helpless and out of place.

His situation is dire...
Suddenly there's ray gun fire!

Freeze! Shrink! Mimeo! and Drop!
Doctor Lamento wont stop...

Pawn Neat-o battles his clones!
"Too formidable!" he groans.

"Then I will give you teammates.
Strategize while fate awaits...

I act with hostility!
Engage the utility!"

Honest Neat-o, head crowned gold,
Propels toward home. Behold...

Hero, his green band flashing,
Cuts a figure so dashing.

Lektrik electrickery!
Oh, what wicked wickery!

The End?

Stout hearted Captain Neat-o,
His story not finito,
Enlarged by experience,
Mastered fate imperious.

So, on to new adventures...
Despite the past's vast treasures,
Hidden futures still unfold
Awesome epics to be told.

Credits

All assets used in the making of this game are courtesy of Toy Box Jam 3. I borrowed @Mot's Instant 3D Plus! library and hacked it a bit to get an additional camera angle. All other code, the poetry, and the idea for this adventure are my own.

P#107707 2022-02-26 21:38 ( Edited 2022-02-28 16:26)

I made it safe after 6 downs! That game was actually really hard and I'm not sure if the other teammates block the enemy team or not..? But had fun

P#107711 2022-02-27 01:53

@SmellyFishstiks, thanks for the feedback. The enemies have random bases selected which affects their blocking style, too. Between that and the random bouncing around, it can be really hard to tell what's going on, I think. I wonder if I should change all the enemies to simply block? It might make the strategy component of the game more meaningful?

P#107750 2022-02-27 15:56

I scored in 1 down on the first try, with some death-defying tiptoeing along the sideline for the last 20 yards or so! I kinda wanna go again just to see what happens when you fall off :).

P#107752 2022-02-27 16:26

@2bitchuck,

You get a secret couplet.

P#107753 2022-02-27 16:46

I think I finally have the blocking working well. Definitely make the game more challenging and your strategy more relevant.

P#107827 2022-02-28 16:27

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 11:35:19 | 0.054s | Q:26