Cart #aerialravewip1_9_22-0 | 2022-01-09 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

z,x, and arrow keys to control
double jump recharges with time
double tap and hold direction to stinger attack
You can walljump (though not for much height)
hold up or hold down to do different attacks. Up attacking a stunned enemy gives you height!
Hold x while doing down attack to keep it active. Doing this on a stunned enemy stops this from canceling.
if you do one of the hold button attacks on a stunned enemy (when they flash) it does something different
Normal slashes are best for causing stuns
hold z to use super jump when red bar is filled
Fill the bar with kills (The fountains count! Downslash kills give the most bar!)
please lmk what you think any issues etc!

P#104623 2022-01-09 06:28 ( Edited 2022-01-09 08:22)

nice atmosphere & feedback.
I don’t get the altitude thing - the ‘fly’ perk should refill immediately after hitting an enemy. Don’t understand how you get past the first screen otherwise.

Being able to break the water fountain looks like a bug.

the water level should slowly pile up instead of raising from nowhere.

P#104635 2022-01-09 07:01 ( Edited 2022-01-09 07:02)

There are other ways to gain height, I probably should have detailed them more in the instructions considering how important climbing is..
Doing an up attack on a stunned enemy gives you a vertical boost. The intended strat there is doing two normal slashes to stun, then upslashing.
You can also double tap slash a stunned enemy to stick them on the wall where you can hang there and recharge your double jump.
Building up the bar is done by getting kills where the type of move used gives more bar. An easy way to get lots of bar is to downslash all the fountains for example

P#104638 2022-01-09 07:12 ( Edited 2022-01-09 07:12)

Yeah, I was also getting stuck pretty early on. Maybe I'm just bad at this, but I found that it was very easy to accidentally clear a band of altitude of all enemies, then fall below that band. In fact, after playing a couple times and getting a little bit better (but only a little) it actually felt like the game was punishing me: I was still having a hard time filling the bar, and I'd be on the ground with no enemies for a long way above me.

The techniques you describe sound fun, but I feel like there needs to be more of a ramp up to them.

P#104637 2022-01-09 07:39

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Yeah, the rising killfloor is to punish players that hang around the same height without ascending. I see that it definitely does so far too soon. Its a little tricky trying to add difficulty, I was trying to avoid the case where it doesnt get hard enough as you rise leading to you climbing endlessly until you're bored.

P#104642 2022-01-09 08:21

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 17:20:38 | 0.012s | Q:20