I've added the saving option for you, and fixed a tree bug that I found. (along with some other small edits) You can see what I changed on what lines in the changes section.
What was the shadow orb bug you found? (and how to make it happen) And did I fix the tree bug you found or was it something else?
= suggestions =
- make the dropdown open when the bar at the top is clicked; remove the button
- close dropdown when a block is selected?
- reason: clicking the close button places the tile as well. also, less clicking :)
= changes =
- edited cursor sprite.
- line 72-76: replaced cprint with genprint.
- line 97-115: added saving menuitem.
- line 123-126: player 2 esdf can be used for panning camera.
- line 179: fixed a game freezing bug with trees.
- line 26-33: added genprint function.
- line 16-19: modified drawcsr() drawing position and added block preview.
- line 56: eraser should be tile 0, that's the air tile for in-game. 96 is the transparent tile used for map stuff. I could use tile 0 for that, come to think of it.
- line 54-56: you can use x\8 as flr(x/8).
v1.3.4: Gotta go fast to fix those bugs!
- Added Hermes Boots! They function from the inventory and increase your max speed! Craft them with 10 Leafy Seeds and 2 Demonite Bars at an anvil.
- Added a table, a decorative tile for building.
- Fixed a bug where summoning any boss would reset the player's sprites to Terra Guy until reloading the save. (found by Svings)
- The game will no longer crash when you trash your entire inventory. (found by Fractals)
- The background walls in the Corruption are now actually dirt walls, instead of the Worldgen Corruption walls.
Stat counts: 8191 tokens, 42671/65535 chars, 99.99% (eek!) compressed size
Let me know if you find any bugs!
edit: just thought of this, any dirt walls in the corruption in save files from earlier versions will be turned into tables... oh well
The endless musket pouch requires normal bullets specifically, same as the quiver requiring normal arrows.
I'll look into those random tiles and see if I can find them.
On page 2 there was a recipe browser cartridge made by jo560hs, I might make an updated version of that with the new recipes.
v1.3.4b: Some bug fixes.
- Fixed Plantera's second phase crashing the game. For some reason I had removed the variable the tentacles used to find their Plantera (8192 tokens)
- Fixed the ebonstone and ebonstone wall recipes using tables and corruption dirt repectively. (tables used to be corruption dirt walls)
Stat counts: 8192 tokens, 42676/65535 chars, 100% compressed size (15616/15616 bytes... it just barely fits, doesn't it?)
Updated @jo560hs's recipe browser, for those who would like to check how to craft anything.
Recipe and item lists updated to Terra 1.4.2b.
Recipe and item lists updated to Terra 1.3.5 and now it looks nicer.
Oh, so that's why I couldn't craft the beetle bow.
Anyways, something that might be cool would be using leafy seeds to put grass on dirt or mud blocks since I don't think there's a way to regrow grass right now. Or possibly a craftable staff of regrowth for that purpose, since it's also something it does in vanilla but is normally not that useful.
Plantera could possibly be a bit more challenging, maybe still shoots seeds in the second phase but less often than in the first?
If you do add more content, it would be cool to see some world generation secrets and rare things to find underground or in the underground jungle.
This game is really awesome, keep up the good work!
v1.3.5: Plantera buff and craftable grass
- The three grass types are now craftable using dirt or mud and leafy seeds, with corrupt grass using rotten chunks instead.
- Beetle Bow is now craftable, as it no longer uses itself in its recipe.
- Plantera now continues to shoot seeds at a slower rate in her second phase.
- Plantera's tentacles rotate slightly faster now, so they can block shots more effectively.
The Recipe Book in the main post has also been updated to reflect the new crafting recipes.
Stat counts: 8190/8192 tokens, 42692/65535 chars, 100% compressed size
my Character is: 100,100,24|46:1,45:1,47:1,3:59,44:1,69:1,58:1,59:2,2:60,17:1|eeccccceeeeeeeeeeeccccceeeccccce77cccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecc0c60eeeccccce77c0c60677c0c606770c60eeeeecc77ceeeeeeeee00777eeecc0c60e770777667707776600677eeeeecc0770eeecccccee0000eee00777eee000000ee000000ee00006eeee00066eeecc06c0e770006e77000066ee0000eeee0000eee00006eeee0006eeee00076ee771116e77000066ee1111eeee1111eee1111eeee11001eeee100077ee1111ee661111116611111166111111111111ee1111111ee1111177e666111ee661111ee66ee11ee66ee11e666e111e666e111e666e111e0|
Oh yes, the cart in the main post has been updated now. Evidently I forgot to update it there.
Your character appears to work fine for me, and from my testing it shouldn't matter if there's any whitespace in player files...
Can you provide any more information/screenshots?
About the random tiles in the sky, that can happen if you load a player file when it asks for a world. It'll interpret the player data as tiles and paste them on top of a newly generated world.
I'm thinking of what format to make a tutorial in.
(For now, does "hold mouse button over file, move mouse over Terra, release mouse" work?)
However if you're not on a computer then I have no idea how the save files would work, if at all.
[Please log in to post a comment]