Follow
jerrysiebe
[ :: Read More :: ]

This is an experiment with switching player models. When henry leaves his (poorly furnished) castle, he enters a (sadly barren) world map as a tiny version of himself. In the world map mode henry moves slower (in voxels, faster in scale distance) and cannot jump.

I achieved this using player modifiers triggered by player distance to a marker (distance < 500, so always while in room).

Edit: Found my error and updated the map.

P#8762 2014-05-04 01:01 ( Edited 2014-05-04 05:20)

[ :: Read More :: ]

Follow the path, and the bridge will appear as you go to cross it.

This is actually two rooms, one without and one with the bridge, with doors set of to jump between the rooms to make it appear as if the bridge is appearing and disappearing. It shows what I want to do, but I want this without switching rooms.

I can make the same effect with triggered props, but it will only work once, or as many iterations as I've placed duplicate props for creating and erasing the bridge. As best I can tell, once a prop is triggered, it cannot be triggered again.

I believe what I need is emitters. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get them to work at all. :'( So, before I go back to banging my head against the wall, is what I want even possible? Can an emitter emit a prop? If so, how? I'm stumped.

P#8739 2014-04-26 17:37 ( Edited 2014-04-27 21:29)