Follow
nedens
The FILLP() Editor
by dw817
PICO-8 Cheat Sheet (Modern 4K edition) v1.5
by Liquidream
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #elfshipping2023-14 | 2023-12-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

UPDATE 12/28/23: Added a leaderboard for high scores (local only)
UPDATE 12/27/23: Added a directions screen with controls and what you need to do
UPDATE 12/24/23: Added new sprite change to package machine breaking, also added end game when all four machines are broke at once
UPDATE 12/23/23: Squashed a few bugs that I found. Should be bug free at this point.

Elf Express - A Festive Pico-8 Adventure!

Dive into the holiday hustle with 'Elf Express,' a delightful Christmas-themed game created in Pico-8, perfect for players seeking festive fun!

Gameplay:

As a hardworking elf in Santa's workshop, your task is to manage the gift conveyor belts. Match gifts with colorful bows to the corresponding colored shipping portal on the right. It's a race against time and accuracy!

Controls:

Pick Up Gifts: Press 'X' on your keyboard or 'x' on your joystick.
Drop Gifts: Press 'Z' on your keyboard or 'O' on your joystick.
Pick Up Parts: Press 'X' on your keyboard or 'X' on your joystick.
Repair Conveyor: Press 'X' on your keyboard or 'X' on your joystick.

Exciting Features:

-Timed Rewards: Correctly shipped gifts light up the portal green, adding 10 seconds to your clock (max 60).
-Consequences for Errors: Incorrect shipments turn the portal red, reducing your time by 10 seconds.
-Increasing Challenges: The pace quickens as the game progresses. Stay sharp!
-Avoid Mishaps: If a gift falls off, you lose precious time.
-Repair Tasks: Fix broken conveyors by fetching parts from the store.

Objective:

Efficiently sort and ship as many gifts as possible before time runs out. How high can you score?

Join the Holiday Rush!

'Elf Express' is a fun mix of quick thinking, matching skills, and time management, wrapped in charming pixel art.

Behind the Scenes

Pico-8 Platform: 'Elf Express' is crafted in Pico-8, a unique "fantasy console" known for its charming 8-bit style and accessible game development environment. Pico-8 games are famous for their pixel art aesthetics and the creative use of limited resources, emulating the experience of classic 8-bit gaming.

A Personal Journey: This game marks my debut in game development and publication. As a solo developer, I've poured my passion into every aspect of 'Elf Express' – from the original concept and gameplay mechanics to the pixel art graphics and coding. It's a project that reflects both my love for games and a learning journey into the world of game development.

Looking Forward: While 'Elf Express' currently doesn't feature a background soundtrack, future updates might include one as my skills in audio development grow.

Your Feedback Matters: I warmly welcome comments, suggestions, and feedback. Your input is invaluable as it not only encourages me but also helps shape the future of 'Elf Express'.

Link to Itch.io game page: https://nick-edens.itch.io/elf-express

P#139046 2023-12-22 20:53 ( Edited 2023-12-30 03:02)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 09:33:25 | 0.074s | Q:15