Follow
timelime

Hey, I'm OK you're okay OK heh?

[ :: Read More :: ]

The BBS has stars and favorites but does it keep a metric how many times your game got played?

Might I propose it does such if it does not. That would be rad.

Thank you.

P#38002 2017-03-02 22:30 ( Edited 2017-03-03 03:30)

I export my game with "export blah.html" and play the html file in firefox or chromium-browser. When I hold down tab, which is the default player 2 button O, it seems to cause the browser focus to jump up into the address bar, search bar, and around any other anchors of the page etc. By this, it interrupts holding down button O in the game.

However, games on the BBS do not seem to exhibit this issue. For example, my same game that I uploaded to the BBS does not have that behavior on its BBS post page (I hold down tab, the focus stays in the game) but it does if i export it myself to html/js and play that file (I hold down tab, now the address bar is highlighted, now the search bar, now the game, repeats flipping around). So there may be something in the BBS HTML that keeps the browser from handling the tab key that way.

I see this on Firefox and chromium-browser both. It is cumbersome for my beta testing my game in which either player would typically hold down button "O" to build up strength. I may have to rethink my buttons. Any thoughts? I will look into maybe a little edit I can make to my own HTML exports. Thanks..

2/20 huge props to ultrabrite for this easy solution

• Open the HTML
  • Search for onKeyDown_blocker
  • Add 9 to the list (change [32, 37, 38, 39, 40] to [32, 37, 38, 39, 40, 9])

Moved to the support category.

Thank you

P#37578 2017-02-18 22:38 ( Edited 2017-02-19 03:38)

When I do this it copies the sprite 0 (the white x) over my grey circle.

cls(8)
circfill(32,32,5)
memcpy(0x6800,0,0x200)

However, I was trying to write my own data into the sprite bank so the other way;

cls(8)
circfill(32,32,5)
memcpy(0,0x6800,0x200)

And nothing happens. (I hit escape into the sprite editor and it is still the same). Why? Hmm.

I was going to populate it dynamically and make spr() and sspr() calls to it.

I thought generating math stuff into the sprite bank could be fun. Is it read only? Thanks

P#36793 2017-01-27 22:11 ( Edited 2017-01-28 19:20)

Cart #37620 | 2017-02-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #37204 | 2017-02-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #36882 | 2017-01-30 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Cart #36404 | 2017-01-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Countryside Driving: A leisurely drive in an endless rural country scape across the land of Aberryca
2017 Macrowave

Originally a 10x11 game for the TinyTV jam, though we wrote it on the last day and didn't take advantage of the tv set framework. So we opened it up to full screen. Here it is, hope you love it and it is a great game for young kids or adults alike. You can now enjoy new rolling hillsides beyond the improved but original countryside, use the cruise control system, and also now choose to play as a boy or a girl

Quick Instructions

The game has two modes, driving or getting out and walking around. You can pick berries when you are walking around.

Driving

• Brakes: left arrow
  • Gas: right arrow
  • Honk: button 1
  • Cruise Control: button 2
  • Press down to steer/pull over (so, hold left+down to stop and get out).

Walking

• The first button will pick berries or get in the car or do nothing depending where you are standing close to.
  • The second button toggles your gender identity.
  • Walk around with the arrow keys

Detailed Manual

The driving controls will be instantly familiar to any driver trained with a standard automatic transmission. Press right to hold the gas pedal, left to hold the brake pedal, and down to steer/pull over.

While you drive, tap the first button to honk the horn. The second button to engage the cruise control.

If you brake all the way to a stop, at the right (driver's right) side of the road, then the driver will hop out. So to pull over, hold down+left).

The basic goal of citizens in Aberryca hangs from bushes along the road here and there. Berries. Try pulling over when you see some, and grab a few juicy ones! The local berries grow on bushes and are blue, purple, pink, and red. Wow! If you want some berries, pull over right away and cross the road approaching the juicy morsels (on foot, hold up to cross the road).

Hold onto your first button while you walk by them. Tall ones take more shaking. You can hear the very blood rush through your ears while you strain and shake those puppies off. Stand in that place and pull until the sucker pops off into your basket. tip: the exact place he can reach a berry is over the basket.

You can, optionally, alternate your gender identity (on foot, press the second button to re-identify).

The best part is, the finder of 100 berries wins a golden BMW 3 series sedan (an upgrade from the default fathom blue KIA Soul). This offer stands even if you ate the berries and lost your proof!

To hop back in your car and go, cross the road (holding down) to your parked vehicle, and simply tap the first button again when you get to it. Beep beep

Thank you

P#36410 2017-01-22 18:15 ( Edited 2017-02-20 01:36)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 11:05:41 | 0.074s | Q:17