Follow
felixmreeve
[ :: Read More :: ]

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post but I'm having some difficulty with the latest 32 bit Linux pico8:

When trying to run the executable I get:

bash: ./pico8: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

Upon looking into it further, I ran file pico8 which gave the following output:

pico8: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.32, BuildID[sha1]=a589ada4e62f733db872d5a55494f1af37f66726, not stripped

Which sounds a bit like it's a 64-bit executable despite being downloaded from the 32-bit link. This is the latest version v0.0.11f; the previous version I was using, v0.1.10c worked fine for me. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

P#47919 2018-01-06 15:43 ( Edited 2018-01-09 21:23)

Couple people asked about how I did sprite rotation for josefnpat's collab cart https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=27582
Included is a sprite rotation function, and a way of layering them on top of each other to create an illusion of a 3d sprite.
Everything is commented, hopefully it's clear.
Enjoy, hope this is helpful for someone!

Cart #28035 | 2016-09-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

(the effect isn't perfect and can be a little unclear if you don't consider it when drawing sprites, if anyone has any more accurate examples of rotation functions I'd like to see!)

P#28036 2016-09-05 08:53 ( Edited 2016-10-15 21:22)

Made this for Sophie Houlden's Star Trek Jam! It's just about playable, although there's plenty I'd like to change or add.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Map view:
Left/Right - select a planet
Z - travel to planet (this will cost the number of fuel displayed above the selected planet), or will beam you down to the planet if you have selected the same planet your ship is parked at
X - warp. If you have at least one green warp crystal, you can warp to the next system with X
Up - go to your ship's loadout. Swap your tools here or refill them
[having a drill is very useful for collecting crystals, it needs to be kept topped up]
The red matter will destabilise the current system, so don't spend too long in any system!

Planet view:
Left/Right - move Uhura around the planet
Up/Down - select a tool
Z - use the selected tool
X - duck
The eye in the middle of the planet shows you whether Uhura can be seen. If it is half open, you can use X to duck and become hidden.
Aliens will panic if they see you, which will damage the planet's ecosystem and conflict with Star Fleet's Prime Directive.
Tools will allow you to avoid the aliens or do better. The drill will allow you to drill rocks to gain crystals.
Some actions, such as collecting fuel drops or mining crystals produce sound waves. Aliens will investigate any sound waves that reach them. Even if you are hidden, they can eventually spot you if they are searching an area (show by a '?' above their heads).

Let me know if there are any major bugs, I didn't have much time to playtest while trying to submit!

Update: fixed bug in equipment screen where pressing X would crash the game if no item was selected.

P#24018 2016-06-30 18:15 ( Edited 2016-10-01 03:14)

Is it possible to get an option in the config file for where to save GIFs and screenshots?

Saving images and gifs really quickly is great but it can fill up the desktop, and it's nice to keep them all in one place. An option in the config file would be great for choosing where they go.

Is there anyone else who would appreciate the option, or is there a simple way to do it already?

P#22826 2016-06-13 08:18 ( Edited 2016-06-13 13:27)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-04-19 11:52:31 | 0.106s | Q:13