Follow
2Tie
[ :: Read More :: ]

Cart #presentdude-1 | 2019-12-20 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made for the 2019 Advent Calendar, it's Present Dude! It's nothing flashy, just another simple puzzle game like the ones I used to get for St. Nicholas Day. Based off of the TI-83+ classic "Block Dude" by Brandon Sterner (which itself is based off of Block Man 1 by Doug & Larry Murk).

Controls are:
Left and Right to move
Up to climb a brick, present, key, or lock
Down to lift or place a present or key
Hold O to make the direction keys move the camera instead
Hold O and press X to restart the level (this can also be done through the pause menu)
The pause menu also has an option to mute the music

Progress is saved every time you clear a level, and if you start from the menu instead of the level select, the results screen has a timer! My playtesting red-percentage time was 23:26.38, is anyone up for beating it? ;)

A challenge level pack and level editor will come after the holidays!

Update 1.1: fixed a bug where you could climb out of a blocked-off tunnel

P#71361 2019-12-24 08:34

Cart #45753 | 2017-11-01 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Something I've been working on for the past couple days, inspired by a spooky game I've played recently. Hoping to add music and actually have some interesting talking points a la the topics the original game has in the next few days, possibly some opportunities to pick a response, but for now, here's my progress. Happy Halloween!

Button 1 speeds through text and progresses dialogues, and button 2 makes the dialogue box background not display while held. In case you want to watch all of Monika. For some reason.

P.S. There might be a bug or two still dangling around, pay them no mind...

P#45754 2017-11-01 02:10 ( Edited 2017-11-05 06:17)

Cart #26593 | 2016-08-06 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | No License

Thought I might as well put up my WIP on today, Metroid's 30th anniversary. PICOROID is an endeavor of mine to try and replicate the original FDS game as much as possible, though i recognize it'd be quite an endeavor to try and fit all the coding within the token limits, so I suppose i should call this a tech demo more than anything. I started this up on May 30th and been working on it on and off since then. This definitely isn't a stopping point, my goal before I take a break from this is to get the entirety of Brinstar in a playable form, with all the mechanics that come along with it. Currently, you can 'progress' to bombs, but the elevator rooms and the bridge room to Tourian will crash it, along with anything up near Varia. Ice beam should be in here too? Maybe? I can't quite remember at this point. Enemies have quite a few bugs with them (notably, wavers are complete broken), but overall it should be playable. 100% at this point would be morph ball, bombs, 5 missiles, 2 E-tanks, and 'Ice Beam'.

Looking forward, I'd like to make enemies killable, freezable, and usable as platforms, and then add in the rest of the rooms, make more sound effects (damage for player and enemies, FDS door sound, low health beeping), then finally put in a menu and add in death. After that, disable the system pause button whenever ingame and use THAT for missile swap while adding upwards aiming to the up button. Assets-wise everything i need is already in the cart, and everything i couldn't fit in for other areas in an auxiliary cart, the only real barrier here is the token limit. All room data and enemy data is as compressed as I could make it, improving upon he compression used by the actual NES release in a byte-to-byte comparison by a bit.

Periodic progress videos can be found on my channel.

P#26594 2016-08-06 16:03 ( Edited 2018-11-27 07:32)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 13:19:06 | 0.066s | Q:15