Follow
dollarone
[ :: Read More :: ]

I made a PICO-8 multiplayer game for the latest Kajam - https://alakajam.com/multiplayer-kajam/1121/colour-crew/

I made use of the GPIO stuff to send updates to a server so that the three (or more) players can collaborate and together solve the puzzle that is the Colour Crew!

You must have at least 3 players since there are three primary colours and each player can only change the state of one of these colours.

Can you find and sign the Journal of Champions?

PS: the cart is hosted on my own server as I need a modified html wrapper to read and write to the GPIO flags.

P#93195 2021-06-08 13:24

Cart #dollarone_nightatthemuseum-0 | 2021-01-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made a game for the 300th edition of the one hour game jam. The theme was stealth. Can you steal all the artifacts from the museum and escape undetected?

P#86787 2021-01-26 01:18 ( Edited 2021-01-26 01:18)

Cart #dollarone_frosty_quest-1 | 2020-12-22 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Here's a game about a snowman called Frosty, who was given life by the power of a classy top hat! However, a gust of wind took Frosty's hat and blew it off somewhere. Can you help him find it?

Frosty can move with the arrow keys, and can make himself taller when standing on snow (Z) and use his body to throw snowballs (X+an arrow key). Please help him find his hat as he is very much enjoying being animated!

There is also a menu accessible via Enter to restart the level or choose another level or even turn help off.

Music is by the eminent Gruber (although I messed with it a bit), everything else is by me.

Made for the PICO-8 2020 Advent Calendar!

P#85682 2020-12-22 18:19 ( Edited 2020-12-22 22:59)

Cart #dollarone_colour_factory-0 | 2020-06-23 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

My entry for the 9th alakajam

Colour Factory is a puzzle game much like Pipe Dream, only with colours. You connect pipes to certain processors that can mix or distil the colour into secondary or primary colours. You have been given some input colour(s) and the wanted output colours have been decided. Now it's up to you to create them!

There is also a timed challenge specifically made for the ScoreSpace x Alakajam tournament: who can create the right factory fastest? The timer ends when you hit the factory button. Good luck!

I added mouse support in the last hour or so, do let me know if there's any bugs!

Apart from that, use arrows and X to place pipes, and Z to focus on the factory button (and then X to confirm you want to start it!).

P#78415 2020-06-23 01:13 ( Edited 2020-06-23 01:16)

Oh no! You've wandered into the Toy Box Dungeon and the door locked behind you! Explore the dungeon and ideally find a key so you can get out!

Use arrows to move. Made by me on 1/1/20 for the Toy Box Jam!

Cart #dollarone_toyboxdungeon-3 | 2020-01-02 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Cart Full Name: Toy Box Dungeon
Alias on Itch.io it was submitted under: dollarone
Cart Name on Lexaloffle: dollarone_toyboxdungeon

P#71652 2020-01-02 01:52 ( Edited 2020-01-02 04:00)

Merry holidays and happy advent! The PICO-8 Advent calendar continues, and today's game is Santa Panic!

Santa has lost his personalised wish list! Oh deer! Can you help him choose gifts for each person, and try to create as much joy as possible?

Select which gift you want to go next using the arrow keys. You can release early (once you see a house) with Z - that'll give you a little bit more time to make the next decision.

How much joy can you achieve on Perennial Street? My highscore is 13!

Featuring music by the excellent Gruber (https://twitter.com/@gruber_music)

Cart #santa_panic-1 | 2019-12-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#71307 2019-12-22 10:23 ( Edited 2019-12-22 10:25)

Hey!

I made a little game using PICO-8's "mode 3" for the LOWREZJAM 2019 and Climate Change Jam!

Cart #dollarone_global_warming-1 | 2019-08-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

If you only read one thing, this is it: Press enter for the menu where you can disable the help text!

Oh no! The rising waters has made a mess of Don's beach-house. Help him rebuild it - just chop down a tree and extract some rocks and find a nice place by the sea.

Use arrows to move, Z (or C or N) to toggle harvest mode (then arrow to harvest) and X (or V or M) to build the house.

Note that you can chop down and extract as many resources as you want.

Just in case the waters rise again, it might be worth keeping some spare resources...

You can skip dialogues with the buttons, or disable help in the menu (press enter). You can also restart the level or choose a new level from the menu.

Good luck!

P#66727 2019-08-17 08:05

A few weeks ago, I tried to make a Sim City style game in an hour (for the onehourgamejam). I didn’t finish in time, and I spent several extra hours before accepting it would have to become a larger project. Since then I have been tinkering with it on and off, and I think I’m done now?

Note that this was never supposed to be a fully-featured Sim City clone - just a minimal thing with minimal features made in an hour or two.

Cart #dollarone_junction_city-1 | 2019-08-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Take control of Junction City and make it into a proper large city before you run out of money!

You can create jobs by building industry.

Jobs will attract people, but they also need houses to live in.

Finally, you can build shops to earn more money.

The goal is to make the largest city in terms of population. It is possible to breach 100k people, but it might not be straight-forward.

P#66342 2019-08-03 21:55 ( Edited 2019-08-03 22:18)

Cart #dollarone_thelichruin-0 | 2019-01-17 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

For years, the wise Magelords ruled Harberia in peace.
But now, everything is in danger.
The evil lich lord Afgorkon has taken up residence
in the old ruin on the island of Funeris.
A young magelord (you!) sets off on a journey to
challenge the lich and banish it from Harberia.

The Lich Ruin is a turn-based, real-time strategy game where you must challenge Magelords and other creatures to win spells and other rewards, in order to build up an arsenal powerful enough to take on the lich lord Afgorkon and restore peace to Harberia!

In these challenges, there are three lanes. You can spawn creatures from your spells in these lanes (using the arrow keys), but each spell costs a certain number of crystals. You gain one crystal each turn (every 2 seconds), and there are also two crystal towers that will yield an additional crystal to whoever controls it for 5 turns.

You can toggle unit info by using the left arrow, and Z (or C or N) and X (or V or M) to select which spell to cast next. In the overworld, use the arrows to move and Z and X for interaction,

Good luck, young Magelord!

This cart is by far my largest PICO-8 undertaking so far. The spritesheet is filled up to the brink, the entire map space is used, and all the sound and music patterns have also been used! A lot of time was spent on optimising the code to get as much content as possible into the game.

There are over 30 different challengers to take on, more than 15 different spells to find, and atleast 5 different upgrades that you can use to customise your spells.

The game was originally made for the 4th Alakajam, although that was just the core challenge gameplay. Since then the overworld and all the interactions and upgrades have been added. Enjoy!

P#60916 2019-01-17 02:28 ( Edited 2019-01-17 02:43)

Cart #dollarone_bossfight-0 | 2019-01-13 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I did a game for http://onehourgamejam.com - although I spent way more than an hour.

The game is a JRPG about annoyed coworkers and their boss. Can you win this "Boss fight"?

P#60783 2019-01-13 03:44 ( Edited 2019-01-13 03:45)

Cart #57947 | 2018-10-14 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Yer a wizard, Harry! Challenge other wizards to duels and take down their wizard tower by spawning monsters that will attack your enemy!

Choose the right monster for the job, and secure the two crystal towers in order to get more power than your opponent.

Beware! The wizard who falls first is left embarrassed and laughed at without pity…

Instructions:

Controls: Use Z and X to select which creature to spawn. Use → ↑ ↓ to spawn the selected creature in the lane indicated by the arrow.

← toggles more information about the creatures and wizards

Press enter to access the menu where you can change the gamespeed from 1 to 9 seconds per turn.

Created for the 4th Alakajam! and the Monster Mix and Mash Jam!

P#57948 2018-10-14 16:39 ( Edited 2018-11-08 19:35)

I made a game for 1hgj/LowRezJam/Kajam. It's a turn-based puzzler where you tactically extinguish - and start - fires.

I decided to add a level editor to it and store the levels in "the cloud". The way it’s done is by exploiting the GPIO flags that were added to PICO-8 presumably to be able to control simple lights on your Raspberry Pi or similar. Since the data needed to store a level is pretty light, I save it in these GPIO controls, which can then be read by the HTML5 app serving the PICO-8 cart. The data is then stored on my own server via a REST interface.

People have done this before me, for example kometbomb used this technique to post high-scores to kongreate and BenWiley4000 created a library to make it simple to use the GPIO flags (which I forked!).

However, it’s very cool to have a PICO-8 game that enables user-generated content! I can’t wait to see what kind of crazy challenges will appear!

Check it out! (it's on my own server as I need to modify the HTML5 wrapper in order to access the GPIO flags).

More info over at the 5th Kajam page.

P#56451 2018-09-09 15:21 ( Edited 2018-09-09 21:29)

Cart #54653 | 2018-08-03 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

A disaster has struck! The coffee beans have been lost!

Help Rich - this coffee dimension's maintainer - find the lost beans! Embark on a caffeinated platform adventure where you can find coffee upgrades that will help you with your adventure. For example, if you become an americano you gain the ability to double-jump! Obviously!

How quick can you find the beans? Can you also find the special bean™?

If you're looking for a more serious challenge, try finishing the game without getting any of the upgrades!

Best played with coffee in hand.

Cursors to move, X or M or V to jump! (assuming PICO-8 default controls)

The game utilises the Advanced micro platformer toolkit by @matthughson

Made for Coffee Jam 18

edit: added a title screen and some minor tweaks

P#54524 2018-07-29 20:52 ( Edited 2018-08-15 22:45)

Hello!

Alakajam is a triannual weekend-long jam run by volunteers running on a custom open source system written by many contributors.

The 3rd Alakajam will start in just over 2 weeks, and I hope to see some PICO-8 games there! In fact the "winner" of the first Alakajam was a PICO-8 game: https://alakajam.com/1st-alakajam/results

Check out the schedule and rules and join the fun here: https://alakajam.com/post/517/welcome-to-the-3rd-alakajam

P#53318 2018-06-06 07:04 ( Edited 2018-06-20 08:26)

Made a tiny game for the 158th onehourgamejam called Burnt!

Cart #52428 | 2018-05-05 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

You are Prof Howard and you are entering the danger zone. You need to find the three key cards and escape via the lift! Careful tho - don't get BURNT!

P#52429 2018-05-05 18:13 ( Edited 2018-05-07 12:06)

I made this game for LD41 with a single question in my head: what happens if Mario had a machine gun?

I took some inspiration from GTA and added some achievements to reward different types of play.

The great music is "Demented Mario" by @gruber_music (https://gruber99.bandcamp.com/album/pico-8-tunes-vol-1) and the platforming code (and Mario sprites!) is based on the excellent work by @matthughson - see the advanced micro platformer thread at https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=28793

LD page: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/41/super-mario-machine-gun/

Apologies to Mr Miyamoto.

P#52089 2018-04-27 21:18 ( Edited 2018-08-30 17:24)

Cart #46716 | 2017-11-26 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

Made a quick space shooter for the 135th onehourgamejam. Didn't quite finish it in one hour so I spent a bit more time adding music and sounds and enemy fire.

You are Cpt Squeemo of the Intergalactic Shooting Company. You're getting some target practice by playing this space shooter simulator.

Arrows to move, Z to shoot, X to restart.

P#46717 2017-11-26 09:02 ( Edited 2017-11-26 14:02)

When a Vampire Bat moves into the local castle, suddenly things start going missing...

Help Happy Larry find out what's happening!

Move with cursors and use action buttons for stats/inventory.

Made for the #3cjam October 2017

P#45781 2017-11-01 19:26 ( Edited 2017-11-11 21:42)

All over the kingdom the Lich King is feared

His power and evil is total

Many have tried to destroy him

Many have failed

Will you?

Z (or C or N) to attack, X (or V or M) to jump, arrow keys to move

Cart #41794 | 2017-06-19 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

I made this game for the CGA-jam, so only 4 colours was allowed. It's by far my most polished PICO-8 game, and I think the colour restriction actually helped!

I used @mhughson's excellent Advanced Micro Platformer basecode and extended it to fit my needs. Would definitely recommend having a look if you're making a platformer.

Comments appreciated!

P#41795 2017-06-19 18:09 ( Edited 2017-06-19 22:09)

Tiny game made for 1hgj81:

Cart #32419 | 2016-11-12 | Code ▽ | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

P#32420 2016-11-12 16:08 ( Edited 2016-11-12 22:36)

View Older Posts
Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-29 06:07:31 | 0.182s | Q:83