Follow
GnomeSlice

Hello everyone!

I'm a student currently studying 'Interactive Multimedia', which I hope to be able to put to good use as a career in my near-future. I'm also an avid gamer, recently playing a lot of casual and indie games.

[ :: Read More :: ]

Hey everyone,

This is the character model from my unfinished (and really, really old) custom level, Tales From the Crypt.

Mr. Black is a holy man, but a sad man, having experienced a great tragedy in his life. He uses a holy cross in place of the standard sword.

Cart #7253 | 2013-04-14 | Embed ▽ | No License

Feel free to use him in your levels, and/or modify him as you see fit. He won't mind.

P#7254 2013-04-14 01:09 ( Edited 2013-05-14 07:31)

This post is mostly for Zep,

What happened to the download for the original Swarm Racer? It's not even listed under 'games' any more on the site. I can't find it!

The beta for Swarm Racer 3000 is cool and all, but I still like the original game. =]

P#7081 2013-02-21 17:05 ( Edited 2013-03-04 00:21)

Hey guys! I'm back!

I've been away for a long time, but I really wanted to share this with you guys. A while ago a friend of mine got involved with a student game-development project for school, and he asked me if I'd like to do some music for it. Of course I said yes (despite the lack of pay), and this is what I came up with:

Stained Glass Viking Chiptune OST

Give it a listen if you're so inclined, and I'd love to hear what you guys think. It's looking like the game is never actually going to release (it's been many months since I heard anything) but at least I got the experience of making some music. =]

~GnomeSlice

P#6796 2012-11-18 12:45 ( Edited 2013-01-03 21:52)

Hey guys!

It's getting to that festive time of year again, so why not celebrate with some Christmas themed Voxatron adventures? Feel free to use this Santa Claus model I put together in the editor in your Christmas levels!

Just make sure you give me some credit in your BBS post if you use this model. =]

Cart #7252 | 2013-04-14 | Embed ▽ | No License

Features:

• Voxel Object Bank Format!
  • Animated hat while walking!
  • Santa's "List" in place of the Voxatron sword; animated as if he were crossing names off of it.
  • Facial Hair!
  • Holiday Cheer!
P#4967 2011-11-26 14:13 ( Edited 2013-04-14 05:10)

Hey everyone!

So I've been getting better acquainted with After Effects, via videocopilot.net, and here's a little splash screen I came up with for gaming.stackexchange.com.

Gaming.SE Splash Screen

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

P#4877 2011-11-23 19:19 ( Edited 2011-11-25 19:02)

While I'm sure you're probably familiar with much more regarding this area than I, I thought I'd suggest two digital distribution channels that Voxatron may do well in.

• Indievania.com is currently in Beta, but I'm extremely excited by it. It's looking like it's going to turn into an awesome marketplace for indie games.

• GamersGate.com is a little more mainstream (they distribute retail games as well), so Voxatron may get buried/lost here.

One of the biggest advantages to an exterior system like this is that it would allow buyers to get updates much more reliably, and easily, as they wouldn't need to worry about losing their original email with the download link in it.

Anyway, just some food for thought.

P#4717 2011-11-20 18:35 ( Edited 2011-11-28 02:57)

Hello everyone,

I've noticed today that the BBS appears to have undergone a few changes. Does anyone have a full changelog they can list here? It'd be interesting to know all of the new features.

P#4555 2011-11-17 13:19 ( Edited 2011-11-17 23:16)

Hey guys! Me again!

Are any of you fans of Chiptune music? I know I sure am. So much so in fact, that I've slowly been compiling a playlist on Youtube of some of the best Chiptune [mostly] I've come across. It's currently up to 88 videos with a total running time of 4:40:49.

Interested? Check it out here: Chiptune'd!

Unfortunately, I haven't really updated it in quite a while, so if you know any music that you think would be a great addition to the playlist, drop a comment and I'll look into it!

Recently Added Artists:

• Zabutom
  • Dubmood
  • Octapus
  • VVVVVV Soundtrack (SoulEye)
P#4301 2011-11-13 21:53 ( Edited 2011-11-14 02:53)

Hey everyone!

You may or may not have seen me around the forums yet. If you haven't, then Hello! =]

Figured it's time I started posting versions of my first (and extremely slow-progressing) Voxatron adventure. I hope to get some feedback from the rest of you, many of whom are much more avid players than I. I'm currently caught in finals, so I haven't had a lot of time to actually PLAY Voxatron, I just post a lot on the forums. :P

Anyway, on to the level!

This is the emotional beginning of a grand, and terrifying adventure beneath the ground, through crypts, tombs, and catacombs that will test you at every turn.

I'll be updating this post with new versions in the future, so check back for updates. Any and all feedback is appreciated (but please don't tell me to make custom trees).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Changelog:

v0.3.5 (CURRENT)

- Fixed the spawn in the second room; thanks Pixelmann

v0.3

- New player character model! I find this model adds more emotion to the adventure, particularly in the very first room. The model is fully featured, including a holy cross in place of the sword power up.

• Melee pickup now hidden somewhere in one of the tombs in the first room with enemies
P#4286 2011-11-13 18:47 ( Edited 2011-11-13 23:47)

I'm not very familiar with how the forums are implemented here at lexaloffle, but I just wanted to bring up an issue I've been noticing.

All of the graphic buttons under the editing workspace of a post add various bits of code to the post to affect the formatting. However, no matter where your cursor is in the post, they each add their respective code to the end of the post. This can get really annoying.

Is there any way this could eventually be changed to a more traditional text-editor setup i.e. I highlight these words, click the button and the modification is applied to the selected text?

It's not critical, just thought it was something worth mentioning.

Regards,
~Gnome

P#3513 2011-11-07 13:13 ( Edited 2011-11-07 18:13)

We don't have a thread for new user orientation, and I've been seeing a lot of the same posts about the lexaloffle community/accounts etc. in the BBS/forums, so I'm going to initiate this thread in the hopes that it will become a helpful repository of knowledge for the newest members of our community. Please note that this thread is operated 100% by the community.

Hi there! New to the community? Welcome! Please Read This Post. =]

What you'll find on these forums is a bunch of people who share a common interest with you: we love indie games! Most of us are here for Voxatron, currently, and it's a safe bet that you are too!

Have questions about your new lexaloffle account? Confused as to what sorts of things you can get involved in here? Just want to make some friends? Drop a post here! If you need help, and the community can give it, we'll do our best; we're really quite nice people!

First things first: for basic information about the game and its various nuances, you should head over to the Wiki.

Please note that this thread is NOT a substitution for the official lexaloffle support, and questions unanswerable here must still be directed there.

P#3403 2011-11-06 22:56 ( Edited 2011-11-21 00:24)

Hello everyone, and sorry to post yet another thread about VOXDE issues... but I'm stumped.
I can't figure out why my timeline isn't behaving the same way in room [3] as it is in room [1] of my current (and first) Voxatron adventure project, which I've included.

HOPEFULLY this image will allow you to open it up in the editor, but I've had some issues with the uploading, so your guess is as good as mine.

The issue here, is that in room [1], the timeline simply skips to the next group of monster spawns when there's nothing active in the room, and this doesn't happen in room [3]. After reading the readme AGAIN, I have absolutely no idea which one of these should be the normal behaviour.

Anyway, I realize that it's a lot of work for basically no benefit, but I thought I'd post this anyway as a go-to post for anyone who might have the same problem.

Regards,

~Gnome

P#3396 2011-11-06 22:35 ( Edited 2011-11-08 00:37)

I recently purchased the Humble Voxatron Debut bundle. Is there any way I can make my lexaloffle account register that I own the game? When I visit my profile, 'My Games' still shows as empty.

Edit:
I realize this has been asked a million times on the BBS, but I'm still not sure what the solution is.

P#2187 2011-11-01 21:32 ( Edited 2011-11-02 01:32)

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-28 12:18:31 | 0.071s | Q:22