Hey everyone, I've been playing with Pico-8 for a few weeks now and loving it. Now I come with suggestions that I hope get some attention for future updates.

I'd like a tool to move sprites in the map and on the sprite sheet, rather than having to use the stamp/copypaste.

More importantly, I'd also like to preview animation in the view window. In my opinion, animating is kind of a hassle when you have to write a bunch of code just to view it.

Last but not least, a few more colors! Even the Nintendo had 25. Perhaps Pico-8 could retain a 16-color palette, but provide a larger selection that we could swap colors from.

Thanks for you time, everyone!

P#36572 2017-01-24 11:17 ( Edited 2017-01-24 19:43)

Not to discourage your hope for new features, but Zep has very particular ideas about the console nature of Pico 8. Some changes may happen, but I don't expect some modern conveniences.

On the upside, it seems relatively easy to modify pico8 data with external tools? Maybe not the most convenient, but you can export your sprite sheet into a graphics program for animation testing and other drawing abilities

P#36602 2017-01-24 14:43 ( Edited 2017-01-24 19:44)

[Please log in to post a comment]