Cart #11626 | 2015-07-16 | Embed ▽ | No License

Please Note: THE GAME WILL START AS AN EMPTY BLACK SCREEN, THIS IS INTENDED.

With One Spirits Wish
Three Worlds Collide
Each One Has
A Key to Hide

The Spirit Must
Collect All Three
Otherwise
It Will Never Be Free

Please report any bugs, or problems in the game, if you can figure out if they are problems or not.
This game is designed to be (brace yourself) INSANELY MEGA HARD!

Feel free to ask question, as this game is filled with a lot of mystery. (I will not answer all though)

Also I would've loved to add music, but the premade voxatron music doesn't fit my style, and i can't use milky tracker. This was made and uploaded in Voxatron version 0.3.2

Final Note: I started this game sometime in February this year, I spent a lot of time on it.

Now go ahead and play, and try not to die (if you can).

P#11627 2015-07-16 01:34 ( Edited 2017-03-27 20:50)

this will hurt:

okay, first: making your enemies imortal for a defined period of time doesn't makes it hard, it gives the impression of difficulty and slowly kills the patience of the player, but doesn't makes it hard, its just like the enemies in orcarina of time, vey aren't hard, they are anoying, and when your boss uses the same tatics only with a much higher hp, I will not have the patience to try to beat it expecially when I only have an irregular window of a split second mortality to shoot it.

the red area was an okay one, pretty easy with lots of "health bags" laying around togheter with many upgrades, it was a pleasant level, but not insanely hard.

the blue area is an impossibility, as in, it is impossible to win with the peagun, the window of vulnerability here of some enemies are even smaller with a bigger hp, and you can't just shoot in hopes of hitting someone because it will activate the "pinkies" and when that happens your are pretty much gone for, you either need here is a sniper or faster bullets, because no matter the distance you are from the enemy when that mortality window opens, you need to be at point blank to hit it and that means you will get hit too, and considering that your hp is much lower than any other mob you fight, death is certain.

I really liked the visuals however, you used well the emitters and made it look colorful expecially on the red area, I hated your composition choice on the yellow one tough, the solid yellowish color you used was too much, but the temple had really nice structure.

also, the yellow door doesn't makes sence, it enters on one side and comes out on a perpendicular direction, I thought I was moving trough another door. also the elephant rooms remain the same state even without being saved, so it breaks the game sometimes.

P#11673 2015-07-17 20:27 ( Edited 2015-07-18 00:27)

I thought that this cartridge is brilliant. Even though I don't like hard or supper hard games, but that is my personal preference :)

I played it all the way through couple of times.To do that I had to change character mortality to 0.001 :)
I liked it. I manage to loose keys a couple of time, but couldn't figure out how I did it. I was hoping for some kind of puzzle in the yellow part with runes. Maybe in the next update...
Lab was my fav as far as enemy variety and level design. All and all there is some amazing stuff in that level :)

P#11681 2015-07-18 15:22 ( Edited 2015-07-18 22:58)

@Kling
Thank you for all of your feedback, and no it didn't hurt that much, I already knew many of these problems. From the start of development I was going to make Red the easiest, and Blue the hardest, and had this in mind. To be honest though, I got lazy once I started the blue area, so I instead made annoying traps, and enemies that were hard to hit. The red area was designed to have lots of "health bags" because it would mean to later players that (if they were smart to leave them) they would have spare health to get later. The yellow area i designed more for tactics and such, with immortal enemies. As for the yellow door, yeah I have no clue why I left that in. As for the elephant state rooms, I don't know what could cause that problem, I made them save so you won't lose keys as easily, and dead enemies stay dead. There are a few yellow rooms that do not have elephant room states, but that is it. I think that might be a problem on Voxatrons end.

I am disappointed in myself, because I know that if I would've spent more time on it I could have made it a whole lot better, but got lazy. I know for part II I will spend more time, however I will only start after zep updates Voxatron to 0.3.3 meanwhile I will either lay dormant or work on some smaller projects, fitting in with my normal theme of "how far can voxatron go?"

@digitalmonkey
I am glad you liked it, and there is in fact a puzzle type thing with the runes, the room right before the entrance there are four images, and then after you fight the entrance mage and two statues, a door the left is opened and in there there are four runes each with a door on top (I just realized that it may be very hard to tell that they are doors), you can go through the doors.

If you knew about this and don't consider a puzzle, please explain further

P#11696 2015-07-19 14:09 ( Edited 2015-07-19 18:13)

I'll have to play it again :)
I thought I may have to find a tile of matching design to activate the rune.
So I didn't try to jump into the opening...
Maybe if the design was on top it would read more like a conventional door.
Then again, it maybe to easy then :)

P#11699 2015-07-19 16:58 ( Edited 2015-07-19 20:58)

Hey! This was a neat cartridge. I personally liked the Oot-ish enemy behaviour; and the homing bullets were pretty dang sweet, too. Nice, vibrant design, and a pretty rare opening.
Is that a skull...?

P#11707 2015-07-20 01:07 ( Edited 2015-07-20 05:08)

All I got to say is...
He ain't human.

P#11715 2015-07-20 18:19 ( Edited 2015-07-20 22:19)

This level is great Jauq! YOU WERE WORKING HARD XD

P#16337 2015-11-07 01:13 ( Edited 2015-11-07 06:13)

I'm currently going through your level seeing how it works. I'll add stuff soon
Hey Jauq since your obviously gifted I'm giving you a free spot at admin in Maj Building.
This is goes around all Lexaloffle games.
Go To:
MajStaffApp Just accept the offer in comments and you're in!
All you do is just put [Maj Building Level!]
in each level description!
Thanks!

P#16338 2015-11-07 01:13 ( Edited 2015-11-07 06:13)

As soon as it loads it freezes

P#38331 2017-03-17 14:16 ( Edited 2017-03-17 18:16)

Are you playing it in a browser?
It loads when I lunch it with Voxatron.

Please Note: THE GAME WILL START AS AN EMPTY BLACK SCREEN, THIS IS INTENDED.

P#38372 2017-03-18 16:38 ( Edited 2017-03-18 20:38)

yes

P#38782 2017-03-27 16:50 ( Edited 2017-03-27 20:50)

This game is awesome!

My students and I are wondering if there is a way to have a door that is unlocked only after collecting three keys? We are all newbies and don't understand inventory or collectables.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

P#62538 2019-03-04 19:15

@wmangum
Glad you think my game is awesome, unfortunate that you weren't able to see it in its prime though. This was made when Voxatron was in version 0.3.2 and as a result it doesn't work as well as it used to, in fact I can barely get past certain areas without it crashing on me.

Anyway, the process with which I created the locked doors in this game are outdated and frankly bad. I will explain a much better way you can do it in the newest update 0.3.5b (as of this post). I will go over how to make a decorative barrier like the one present in my game, as well as how to just lock a regular voxatron door.

Triple Lock Door: Decorative Barrier

So for starters I had to create the door. Behind the rainbow barrier I have a normal door that remains unlocked for the entirety of the game, if one were able to somehow make it around the barrier they would be able to go through it, but as long as it’s properly surrounded it should be impossible to get behind the barrier.

The thing that locks the door is a barrier. It starts off as an indestructible prop with an animation overlapped to give it a cool look (animation paint mode must be set to paint non-empty otherwise the animation won’t be visible).

Keys
Next we create a key. This is a pickup item and it can look like anything, just ensure that there is an inventory item inside of the pickup item. You’ll want to make note of the ID’s that voxatron gives these inventory items. (ID’s can be found on the top right right above the items name)

As for the inventory items themselves, the default settings should work, changing those parameters are only necessary for usable weapons and other types of consumable items.
Keys Done

Next we create three new props similar to the barrier. Each one is made completely out of the negative material (neon pink with minus symbol in palette) and only fills every third row of pixels for the barrier, each one looks like blinds or horizontal bar cages, we’ll call these Bars.

Once we create these, we need to overlay it over the barrier again but this time we need to add some microscripting. Go ahead and place one of the Bars anywhere near the barrier, you can’t see it in the editor because it is negative, but once placed you’ll see an outline, don’t lose it. If you do lose it it can cause problems later on. While it’s still selected go ahead and use the arrow keys to align it perfectly with the barrier and barrier animation.

Don’t deselect it just yet, take a look at the right side of the editor screen You should see a panel describing the prop you have selected and there should be a label that says True. Click on it and select Actor then click the box that appears to the right and select Player then again but select Inv.Item then again but select C and last change the 0 to whatever the ID for one of the inventory items was.

Repeat that two more times for the other Bars (which should open the other 2/3 of the barrier) and the other keys. Make sure each Bar only correlates to one key.

Triple Lock Door: Just the Door

Hopefully you read through the decorative barrier section, but if not just go and read the section surrounded in Keys so that way you know how to make the keys.

Start off by creating a new door and make sure that the checkbox labeled Open (Active) is unchecked, the door needs to be locked.

Next create a modifier inside of the door (to create a modifier: open the new item menu in the browser and click on the alone button on the right side. It looks like two stacked squares) Next adjust the trigger from True to Actor and set the box to the right of it to Player set the next box to Inv.Item again, set the next box to C and finally set the last box from 0 to the ID of the first inventory item.

Next go inside of the modifier and create another modifier, repeat the trigger steps except make it the ID of the next inventory item.

Again go inside of that modifier and create one last modifier. Set the trigger to the last ID and this time check that modifier’s checkbox labeled Open (Active) to true.

It’s helpful to name these modifiers as you go in so as to not get lost or check the box on the wrong modifier.

Conclusion

Both of these methods should work let me know if they did for you. Also let me know if you have any additional questions or if I made things too complicated to follow along, I haven’t exactly tried tutorial writing very much.

P#62635 2019-03-06 23:36

@Jauq thank you so much for your detailed explanation! You're a natural at tutorial writing!

My students and I will try these methods out and post what we create.

Thanks again!

P#62663 2019-03-07 18:56

Cart #doors_and_keys-0 | 2019-03-17 | Embed ▽ | License: CC4-BY-NC-SA

@wmangum

So there are two examples of keys that you pick up.

Multiple keys at same room and multiple keys at different rooms.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Hope that helps

/DM

P#62847 2019-03-17 00:58 ( Edited 2019-03-17 00:58)

@digitalmonkey you're amazing! thank you so much!

P#62864 2019-03-17 20:56

P#92750 [hidden by admin]

jk

P#92751 2021-05-28 23:03

Do you mind not posting messages without content

P#95127 2021-07-21 14:46

[Please log in to post a comment]

Follow Lexaloffle:          
Generated 2024-03-19 10:24:08 | 0.035s | Q:44